DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Batteries. very confused.

alopeznj

Reactions
Team, been a while since I post and hope you are all well.

Winter is coming and I wont be doing much flying soon. Question or comments. Battery storage.

Mavic Pro and Mini.

Should I just put everything away (Bats charged full ) and let the bats handle themselves. I do have them set to 10 day discharge on the pro, not sure how to that on the mini.

Question is... I am storing the two drones for maybe 6 months. How best to store the Batteries or any other comments on storage are welcome.

The MM batteries don’t have a auto discharge function.
DJI recommends to discharge them to 50-60% for storage

Thanks lannes but If I just put them away full charge wont they discharge to exceptional level ? I know its a stupid question. So...

ill fly each battery till 50% and store them ? on the MM.
As for the pro same ? just put them away ?
More details please :)

Thanks lannes but If I just put them away full charge wont they discharge to exceptional level ? I know its a stupid question. So...

ill fly each battery till 50% and store them ? on the MM.
As for the pro same ? just put them away ?
More details please :)
From the mavic pro manual:
Auto-Discharging Function: To prevent swelling, the battery automatically discharges to below 65% of total power when it is idle for more than ten days. It takes around two days to discharge the battery to 65%. It is normal to feel moderate heat being emitted from the battery during the discharge process.

Thanks again, this is what I will do. PS, I did read the manual but not very clear in the sense that I am storing for months.

Much appreciated.

If I don't use them often, I'll just charge them back up and let them discharge on their own. I usually check them after several months of non-use storage. Some folks suggest storing, charging, and discharging in a LiPo bag. I fly a lot of RC stuff that uses LiPo batteries and am more careful especially during a charge. I store them in a mild environment at 40% in a vented ammo can. My Mavic batteries are in the case with the quad but I should probably store them in a LiPo bag.

for the six month none use storage time you are asking about, for both the MM and the pro just drop them down to 50 to 60% store them in a dry cool place away from animals and children once a month press the buttons and check the remaining charge if it has dropped to one solid then just charge back up to 50 to 60% again ,the secret is not to let them get very low ,if during the winter months you do get a chance to fly then just fully charge them up and fly them down to 50% and you will be fine ,

Hey TB...But you live in Arizona..you don't have winter??
Not really... barbecue in shorts during December.... But during summer ambient temps rice well above 110 degrees F. I don fly when ambient are above 104... of note, also have 10 batteries and don’t start a flight at less than 100% battery.

Reactions: hiflyer201
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hiinthesky