DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Batteries

Great pictures! ..the battery swelling seems to be just a symptom of aging ...but any advice I have read or seen in youtubes say to avoid using them if they swell
Thank you I thought it was aging and I do not fly my mavic2 just my p4p and only a little time to save up 1000$ for new batteries

Reply to my own post. I found the battery temp readout in the safety tab under the battery tab. It's all the way to the right of the screen. I'm using a modified battery system on my Air2S so I can fly for 35% longer. Meaning. Without the mod, when I would hit 0%, I hit 35% with the modded battery. The Temps hit 53 degrees C or 127 degrees F by the end of my flights, with the added weight of a 1500mah lipo battery.. I believe max temps before you get a warning are 65 degrees C or 150 degrees F.
I have been strapping a 3000 ma Graphene LiPo battery on the back of my M2P and M2Z with a velcro strap. Hover tests comparing the standard configuration to the extra battery format produces 50% more hover time but the most surprising thing was that the batteries ran 10C cooler with the extra capacity. How did you attach your battery? Maybe we should compare pictures?

I have been strapping a 3000 ma Graphene LiPo battery on the back of my M2P and M2Z with a velcro strap. Hover tests comparing the standard configuration to the extra battery format produces 50% more hover time but the most surprising thing was that the batteries ran 10C cooler with the extra capacity. How did you attach your battery? Maybe we should compare pictures?
This is my 1800mah 11.1v 3s 149gram Lipo, attached by velcro directly to the top of the aircraft. Now, I'm using an 1800mah 11.4v 3s 137 gram Lihv now. I just ordered a LiHV charger to get it to reach a full charge. Should be a couple days.

Attachments

• A2S Drone w batt balanced side view.JPG
    A2S Drone w batt balanced side view.JPG
    3.3 MB · Views: 14
Reactions: Christianpeso
This is my 1800mah 11.1v 3s 149gram Lipo, attached by velcro directly to the top of the aircraft. Now, I'm using an 1800mah 11.4v 3s 137 gram Lihv now. I just ordered a LiHV charger to get it to reach a full charge. Should be a couple days.
Here's my 3000 ma version on a M2P - larger drone and more power consumption. Also I included the 2 battery balanced charger system that I use when I am going to fly. Ironically the cooler operating temperatures are better for the whole battery system on the drone. IMG_0906.jpegIMG_0903.jpegIMG_0905.jpegIMG_0904.jpegIMG_0907.jpeg the extra batteries on the drone.

Reactions: Christianpeso
Here's my 3000 ma version on a M2P - larger drone and more power consumption. Also I included the 2 battery balanced charger system that I use when I am going to fly. Ironically the cooler operating temperatures are better for the whole battery system on the drone..
Just finished a hover test in which I stopped the auto landing by holding the altitude stick up. I got my 6 minutes of extra flight time (total hover time 28min 40sec), but 4 minutes of it came after the drone's battery power meter read ZERO PERCENT! 4 whole minutes of flight while the battery was at 0%? The drone was litterally flying for 4 minutes using the 1800mah LiHV battery. The mod battery WAS VERY WARM after the drone finally landed. Very interesting. It would seem the added battery isn't supplying all it's stored power to the DJI battery until the DJI batt get's closer to running out of power and or completely runs out of power. SHOULD I GET A HIGHER CURRENT BATTERY? Like 100C or more.

Well, It's good to know, in an emergency, if I get to the 0% mark, I still have 4 minutes of flight available. As long as I push the altitude stick up, she'll stay in the air. I wouldn't depend on it though. I'd be very nervous seeing the meter at 0%, even though I know the mod battery would keep the drone flying for 4 more minutes.

I agree. I looked all over the DJI fly APP (flying an Air2S) and coudn't find any data telling me how hot my batteries were getting. That isn't safe. I think the Pilot should be able to know exactly what temperatures the batteries are operating. Why leave it to a computer, to simply tell you your batteries are too hot , drone will have limited performace now.? You don't even get a warning. Most of my drones that do have a temp readout, usually give me a warning when they reach 150 F, or 65.6 C.
Air2S reached a battery temperature of 71C or 160F today. I was carying a payload and flying in sport mode. No rest stops. No warning prompts occured.

Carrying those drugs to the local prison yard will be the death of my drone.? joking

Air2S reached a battery temperature of 71C or 160F today. I was carying a payload and flying in sport mode. No rest stops. No warning prompts occured.

Carrying those drugs to the local prison yard will be the death of my drone.? joking
Not sure why your battery got so hot. Anyway, never a good idea to run your battery down that low if you can help it - the chemistry doesn't like it.

Here's my 3000 ma version on a M2P - larger drone and more power consumption.
How did you get around the top IR obstacle avoidance sensor being covered by the Adapter. At first, I couldn't take off because the Black connector was on top of the sensor. I picked up a work around on another forum. I put tin foil over the sensor and now it thinks nothing is above it. Did you do something different??? I could find no app option to turn the top sensor off.

How did you get around the top IR obstacle avoidance sensor being covered by the Adapter. At first, I couldn't take off because the Black connector was on top of the sensor. I picked up a work around on another forum. I put tin foil over the sensor and now it thinks nothing is above it. Did you do something different??? I could find no app option to turn the top sensor off.
If you take off in Sport mode and climb to about 50 feet, you can then switch to Program mode and fly normally. That sensor on the top seems to be used primarily in takeoff. I have also been told you can simply tape over the top sensor and that will work - I have not tried that yet. Let me know if that works for you. Finally I have worked out positioning of the connector and cords so they drape off to the side and leave the sensor open. The risk there is that a battery or cable can shift back over a portion of the sensor may begin to send an "obstruction above" message from that sensor causing the drone to begin to descend to avoid the obstruction and will drive the drone into the ground.

I buy directly from Official DJI refurbished on Ebay.
or official retailer. Batteries I buy only from DJI outlet on Ebay, Official DJI store..

I hope that the new US law doesnt affect Ebay, if Im correct, it should only affects investors.

I have DJI, Yuneec snd Parrot drones. The last two have zero customer support in the USA.
DJI has been really good at it.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
da4o98