DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Batteries

Are you sure it said “can be” and to what degree are they “heated”? If it’s cold out and you put the batteries in a jacket pocket to warm them up that’s fine.

The statement was that the M2E self heating batteries are serviceable in the M2Z...if this is true I will be looking for some...

My understanding is that they are interchangeable between all mavic pro models. I have used them both ways between my M2E and M2P without any issues. The heating function is only an additional feature that the new batteries have over the standard M2P batts, other than that they are the same although the M2E batts have 100mah more than the M2P batts. I would also say that its a nice to have feature but you should never put your batts in a situation to need the self heating feature if you can help it.

My understanding is that they are interchangeable between all mavic pro models. I have used them both ways between my M2E and M2P without any issues. The heating function is only an additional feature that the new batteries have over the standard M2P batts, other than that they are the same although the M2E batts have 100mah more than the M2P batts. I would also say that its a nice to have feature but you should never put your batts in a situation to need the self heating feature if you can help it.
From everything I can find, the M2E batteries are also 3850 mAh, same as all the M2 batteries. Where are you getting that they are 100 mAh more from?

C5A0997A-DD3B-43F9-A71C-7A4DA6657E32.jpeg

Yes.. the M2 Enterprise battery can be used in the M2 and M2Z aircraft, and vice versa...here’s how the self-heating batteries work:

Specs on M2/M2Z battery:
92795202c40637aeceaf70601b42584b.jpg

Specs for M2E battery:
f5541448891215071e91f95fd6aaee97.jpg

All the M2-series aircraft have an operating temperature range of -10C to +40C; the limiting factor in the M2/M2Z is the battery.

The M2E battery allows you to operate down to -10C (14 F) reliably.

Last edited:
Reactions: Bobvt
Yes.. the M2 Enterprise battery can be used in the M2 and M2Z aircraft, and vice versa...here’s how the self-heating batteries work:

Specs on M2/M2Z battery:
92795202c40637aeceaf70601b42584b.jpg

Specs for M2E battery:
f5541448891215071e91f95fd6aaee97.jpg

All the M2-series aircraft have an operating temperature range of -10C to +40C; the limiting factor in the M2/M2Z is the battery.

The M2E battery allows you to operate down to -10C (14 F) reliably.
Also confirms that @j.coffield 's claim of an extra 100 mAh is a misunderstanding.

Last edited:
Dang gadget guy, sorry I was mistaken. I dont remember where I got that info from but thanks for pointing out how I'm trying to spread bogus info. You have uncovered my devious plot to spread fake news.

Actually I just looked at the DJi spec page, I was looking at the remote controller battery rating and not the intelligent flight battery so yeah.....I was wrong.

Last edited:
Dang gadget guy, sorry I was mistaken. I dont remember where I got that info from but thanks for pointing out how I'm trying to spread bogus info. You have uncovered my devious plot to spread fake news.

Actually I just looked at the DJi spec page, I was looking at the remote controller battery rating and not the intelligent flight battery so yeah.....I was wrong.
Sorry my post came across as offensive. I just edited it. I was hoping you were right, and disappointed to find out it wasn't true. Of particular note is that the M2 rated 3850 mAh batteries can only be charged to 3700 mAh when brand new, and quickly drop to 3500 mAh. DJI has grossly overstated the M2 battery mAh by some 10%, and also deliberately hidden the display of the mAh in GO 4. However, both Airdata and Litchi reveal the M2 battery mAh chicanery, recorded in the DJI flight logs and through the SDK.

Last edited:
Reactions: j.coffield
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Albrecht0803