DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Battery authentication error how to fix on mavic 2

Do you recall changing anything between now and the last time all worked as expected when using this battery?

So, you saw this message the first time and every time you use it with your Mavic 2 Pro? And it's still working just fine with your Mavic 2 Enterprise Dual?

My first thought was it might have been a firmware issue since all of your drones are not running the same firmware (which means the battery isn't either). However, since this is happening on all of your Mavic 2s, it sounds like the battery might be defective.

It will not work it gives me the same battery error on all of my mavic drones. It powers up and everything but the battery, I think its something simple

That means it won't be covered by the DJI Warranty if it is defective. The battery warranty is only good for 6 months and less than 200 flights.

Wow. That's a lot of flying. Thumbswayup (those 1min flights don't really count though ;))
Programmed obsolescence? After 200 charges, battery error? (I think it's 200 charge cycles, not 200 flights, right?)

That means it won't be covered by the DJI Warranty if it is defective. The battery warranty is only good for 6 months and less than 200 flights.
It might not be covered by DJI warranty however DJI can’t operate to exclude rights that are provided for in consumer law. Lower cycle count chances of replacement would be fair- hard to argue you might not have had reasonable use at 200 cycles however.

It might not be covered by DJI warranty however DJI can’t operate to exclude rights that are provided for in consumer law
Which US rights are you referring to? Got a link for the OP?

Which US rights are you referring to? Got a link for the OP?
No link. I’m simply suggesting it might prove handy for people who aren’t aware to appreciate that manufacturers often rely on the fact that people won’t explore their options. The Federal Trade Commission would be a good place to start.

No link. I’m simply suggesting it might prove handy for people who aren’t aware to appreciate that manufacturers often rely on the fact that people won’t explore their options. The Federal Trade Commission would be a good place to start.
Why do you suggest that the law mandates a longer battery warranty than the manufacturer states?

Reactions: msinger
Why do you suggest that the law mandates a longer battery warranty than the manufacturer states?
I don’t specifically. What I do say is that consumer rights aren’t necessarily limited to those specified in the warranty. For example I had a phantom 3 camera replaced by DJI at 10 months while they tried to argue warranty says 3. I have lost count of the number of instances a manufacturer has made good on things outside warranty. It comes down to what a reasonable consumer might expect having regard to cost, claimed purpose and actual usage (amongst other things). My American friends tell me the consumer protection organisations are similar as on this side of the planet.

If it is "Battery Authentication Failed" message, I was able to fix it by slightly bending out battery contacts on the battery itself.

Most probably, contacts on the battery went deformed or dirty.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gfusato