DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Battery Bad - Mavic pro

Lone Droner 10

Reactions
I received my Mavic Pro bundle a week ago - FYI - had to order another because my first Mavic failed RTH and simply just "flew away". (See my posts on the RTH not working).

One of the three batteries after being charged fully is now indicating "bad cell" and the drone will not work. OK, no big deal. I have two others and I am working on getting a replacement for the bad battery that is less than a week old.

The battery has been sitting for a day or so and I thought, well maybe it was too hot from being charged so I put it back into the Mavic and low and behold, it worked fine. No problems. Drained it to about 40%. Let it sit for 30 minutes, put it in the charger and then after another 30 minutes or so, the charger light turned red and the battery charge status had one light blinking. Took the battery out, checked the charge and it showed all 4 green lights. Put it into the Mavic - got the bad cell warning again.

A few days later, I went through the entire scenario again and again the battery worked fine. What the heck? Flew the Mavic for 15 minutes, brought the battery inside, let it cool down for 30 minutes and then the same issue with the charger showing red and the one blinking status light on the battery. Battery again reflects full charge.

Any suggestions?

Yeah, it's pretty simple. I would never trust my Mavic to a bad battery. Stop flying with it and get a replacement under warranty.

Everyone is making good points - don't trust a battery that is giving a "bad cell" warning and just get it replaced.

Thanks for your comments

Go fly one time from a field somewhere in the middle of nowhere. Just to make sure your env isn't causing these issues - my friend.

Go fly one time from a field somewhere in the middle of nowhere. Just to make sure your env isn't causing these issues - my friend.
o_O I suppose anything is possible, but I can't imagine what environmental factor(s) would affect only one out of three cells and in only one of three batteries.

Ditch that battery!

I do a lot of FPV flying with various size quads. I *never* fly a battery that is in the least bit suspect. Flying with a possibly defective battery is a risk to your quad, your property, your person, and possibly others. Li-Po's are expensive, but not nearly as expensive as the damage they can cause when they're defective. Toss it. :)

Man, you sure have had some rotten luck! Sure hope DJI stands behind their product and gets you taken care of.

Hey thanks for responding. Everyone, I mean everyone has had the same advice. Loose the battery! And yes, my luck with Mavics or DJI customer service has not been good. We will see what happens. They have had my flight logs for a week now and continue to promise me a resolution soon

o_O I suppose anything is possible, but I can't imagine what environmental factor(s) would affect only one out of three cells and in only one of three batteries.

Ditch that battery!

Well - he already lost one MP.

I received my Mavic Pro bundle a week ago - FYI - had to order another because my first Mavic failed RTH and simply just "flew away". (See my posts on the RTH not working).

One of the three batteries after being charged fully is now indicating "bad cell" and the drone will not work. OK, no big deal. I have two others and I am working on getting a replacement for the bad battery that is less than a week old.

The battery has been sitting for a day or so and I thought, well maybe it was too hot from being charged so I put it back into the Mavic and low and behold, it worked fine. No problems. Drained it to about 40%. Let it sit for 30 minutes, put it in the charger and then after another 30 minutes or so, the charger light turned red and the battery charge status had one light blinking. Took the battery out, checked the charge and it showed all 4 green lights. Put it into the Mavic - got the bad cell warning again.

A few days later, I went through the entire scenario again and again the battery worked fine. What the heck? Flew the Mavic for 15 minutes, brought the battery inside, let it cool down for 30 minutes and then the same issue with the charger showing red and the one blinking status light on the battery. Battery again reflects full charge.

Any suggestions?

Return the battery. It's simply not safe.

My brother has this stuff called DeOxit. Maybe the connections on your battery are dirty and this will clean the contacts for better continuity.

T

Reactions: dirkclod

Have same issue. but the reason is unknown, i don't recall that i left the battery drained for long time.
Maybe day or two before recharging.

Bad cells spell disaster. You may be alright for a few minutes until the bad cell tanks. You'll either experience a complete shut off of your drone or a brown out and not have enough power to control it. I've had a drone that I built fall from the sky after knowingly flying on a bad cell (desperately wanted flight time). The risk is not worth it.

Last edited:
I am so angry with DJI warranty policy, Battery cover last only 6 months !!!??
It occurs that mine 2 of 3 are not worth risk to use after 7 months of usage / 15 cycles.
These devices are so expensive, i can't afford to buy new ones every 6 months!
DJI should accept and replace bad batteries for 2 Years at least. Do You agree with me ? Can we do something about it ?

Reactions: jahjahwarrior
The Mavic Pro batteries appear to be of very poor quality. Owned for 7 months, charged only 29 times and bottom is swollen. (Of course out of warranty). Never crashed, no hard landings, no water damage, and battery defective?? These batteries may cause buyers to go elsewhere?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gfusato