DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Battery capacity is weird?

Forcecilia

Reactions
is this normal for both batteries?
I have two and first image shows more than what it suppose to be.

Attachments

• IMG_3247.PNG
    IMG_3247.PNG
    2.6 MB · Views: 91
  • IMG_3249.PNG
    IMG_3249.PNG
    3.5 MB · Views: 88
Looks like a healthy battery to me in all regards. It's only maybe 100 mAH over a brand new battery (I'm currently looking at a battery status with 2 charges on it with 3862mAH) but that number is just a calculation made by the battery management IC as it ages. The number will go down over time. Just count yourself as getting a superb battery. Trust me, if something is not right, you'll get a warning.

Reactions: Kilrah
I've never seen 3900 mAh with any of my batteries , but after several charges I still see 37-3800 mAh...

It is just weird seeing 3900+ my other batter was at 3600 around 8 th charge

I mean max capacity should be at 3830 if it was brand new? How can i be over 100??

Looks like a healthy battery to me in all regards. It's only maybe 100 mAH over a brand new battery (I'm currently looking at a battery status with 2 charges on it with 3862mAH) but that number is just a calculation made by the battery management IC as it ages. The number will go down over time. Just count yourself as getting a superb battery. Trust me, if something is not right, you'll get a warning.
I hope so. Maybe it will last forever. Ill update the thread if something happens.

Reactions: Humanparody
Well, you are documenting it so if something does happen, DJI will replace it. (I say that as if that's a good thing, it's not) I had a battery with a bad cell that I sent to DJI under warranty. It would work okay most of the time but if I pushed it, I would get a warning about a bad cell (about .5volts difference between highest and lowest cells) so I figured better get it taken care of before it bites me in the ***. Everything was going smoothly....until I got the "new" battery back.
I say "new" because it wasn't new, it was someone else's used battery, minor scratches on it where you could see it had been installed in a drone at least a few times. It wouldn't turn on. It wouldn't charge. It was more dead than the one I sent them.

Okay, pissed off I sent them a strongly worded message on tech chat saying that I sent them a virtually brand new battery (20 charges) under warranty and I get sent back this POS?! I want a BRAND NEW BATTERY. "Yes sir I completely understand I will have them send you a brand new battery. I will transfer your information from your last service ticket to this new one and you will receive a shipping label in the mail in the next 24 hours"

36 hrs goes by and no shipping label, back to the tech chat I go. "Oh yes sir, we sent the email. You didn't get it? Let me verify your email address."(nope, not even close to my email address)

I get the shipping label 24 hours later and print it out and go to slap in on the box and realize that someone else's return address is on there.

Back to tech chat I go. "Let me update that address for you sir"

24hrs. later, new shipping label. Wrong phone number. At this point I have realized that my service ticket number is probably someone else's that got reassigned the moment they sent me the dead battery and not only am I probably never going to see that battery again if I send it off, some other guy is probably never going to see whatever he sends them either since we've edited the hell out of his service ticket. After 8 hours of tech chat and phone calls of my life and probably about 2 months of back and forth and still no new battery, I gave up. I never sent it. It's still sitting here, warranty probably expired. I make too much money to waste an entire day of my life dealing with DJI tech support. I just bought 2 new batteries (both of which show 3800ish mAH btw)
and said the heck with it.

But yours is fine, no worries;)

Well, you are documenting it so if something does happen, DJI will replace it. (I say that as if that's a good thing, it's not) I had a battery with a bad cell that I sent to DJI under warranty. It would work okay most of the time but if I pushed it, I would get a warning about a bad cell (about .5volts difference between highest and lowest cells) so I figured better get it taken care of before it bites me in the ***. Everything was going smoothly....until I got the "new" battery back.
I say "new" because it wasn't new, it was someone else's used battery, minor scratches on it where you could see it had been installed in a drone at least a few times. It wouldn't turn on. It wouldn't charge. It was more dead than the one I sent them.

Okay, pissed off I sent them a strongly worded message on tech chat saying that I sent them a virtually brand new battery (20 charges) under warranty and I get sent back this POS?! I want a BRAND NEW BATTERY. "Yes sir I completely understand I will have them send you a brand new battery. I will transfer your information from your last service ticket to this new one and you will receive a shipping label in the mail in the next 24 hours"

36 hrs goes by and no shipping label, back to the tech chat I go. "Oh yes sir, we sent the email. You didn't get it? Let me verify your email address."(nope, not even close to my email address)

I get the shipping label 24 hours later and print it out and go to slap in on the box and realize that someone else's return address is on there.

Back to tech chat I go. "Let me update that address for you sir"

24hrs. later, new shipping label. Wrong phone number. At this point I have realized that my service ticket number is probably someone else's that got reassigned the moment they sent me the dead battery and not only am I probably never going to see that battery again if I send it off, some other guy is probably never going to see whatever he sends them either since we've edited the **** out of his service ticket. After 8 hours of tech chat and phone calls of my life and probably about 2 months of back and forth and still no new battery, I gave up. I never sent it. It's still sitting here, warranty probably expired. I make too much money to waste an entire day of my life dealing with DJI tech support. I just bought 2 new batteries (both of which show 3800ish mAH btw)
and said the heck with it.

But yours is fine, no worries;)
Ill just fo to the target get the new one just incase :)

More capacity show on screen then more your flight time, this also stock mavic in 10x charging time, in first time i did a deepbdischarge, and then fully charge with blue charger(yx) and it increase the mah, i did range test with much mah and get 8.6km with 10% left in the home point... I love it... Screenshot_2018-09-17-21-55-31-775_com.google.android.youtube.jpeg

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fast54