DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Replace cells of the battery: is there a way to do it?

giovi321

Reactions
Hi everyone,
I have been reading here and there about batteries mods.
What I am trying to achieve is to have a plus battery for the Mini 4 Pro that does not trigger the Remote ID.
I was thinking to take a standard battery and replace the cells with high quality cells that have a higher capacity.
Of course, you you disconnect the cells from the BMS chip, it will lock. However, I saw that there are two tools to restore the BMS: DJI battery killer and TRB by patboonlab.
Does anyone with more experience have an opinion on this approach?

The amount of explosive energy stored in any Lipo battery is enough to wreak devastation over a ten-foot radius, so unless you happen to be an experienced electronics technician with a background in battery surgery, I advise you to abandon this idea of taking apart a DJI battery pack for any reason.

Over the years, I have seen a few DJI batteries go bad, and I buried them all deep in the ground with full military honors. I hold a BSEE and have a few years as a component-level technician but I would never contemplate opening up a battery pack for any reason,

Thanks I'm aware of that and I do have the skills to work on it.
That said, do you have any knowledge on the Mini 3/ Mini 4 batteries? What chip do they use?

Thanks I'm aware of that and I do have the skills to work on it.
That said, do you have any knowledge on the Mini 3/ Mini 4 batteries? What chip do they use?
Bq9003. But you must to know that dji change the protection code of bms on mini 4 than with Bat killer and trb you cannot enter in bms . Still you can on mini 3 battery if they are not updated to mini 3 pro fw 01.00.0700.

Bq9003. But you must to know that dji change the protection code of bms on mini 4 than with Bat killer and trb you cannot enter in bms . Still you can on mini 3 battery if they are not updated to mini 3 pro fw 01.00.0700.
Thanks for the information! What about “hot swapping” the cells? I mean connect another cell in parallel and then disconnect the original cell? This should not lock the BMS as the voltage should not change drastically.

Reactions: hhtomcat and W9NFM
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zephaniah2001