DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Battery Care Tips for Beginners

... It comes pre-programmed 10 days of no use it hibernates.
10 days (default) of non-use causes it to automatically discharge to below 65%. The battery will enter hibernation mode if "depleted and stored for a long period."

I don't have a MA, but I interpret the battery guide as stating that:
• The LED's will not light once in hibernate mode so if no LED's light it is either a dead battery or in hibernation. If it is a good battery you can bring it out of hibernation by charging.
• The battery will go into hibernate mode "if depleted and stored for a long period". I don't know what level "depleted" is or how much time constitutes a "long period".
• I don't know about any postal workaround. I can only hope that the battery designers set this hibernate function because it is best for the batteries, similar to the automatic discharge function.

Understood. Your model differs yet presumed identical designed psychology "..protect if achieveable automatic feature protection, why, its expensive stuff comprised of volatile constituents too.
I thought somewhere details of ma battery was recited: inside casing is some kind of womb construct permitting volumetric change within confinement enclosure. That means creators found a means to allow for physical size variation, what may be its construct and principles of operation. From my understanding, batteries benefit man essentially yielding locomotive pressure by way of voltage steady delivering wanton current by loads. It is corrosion principle, oxidation reduction, that yields the voltage pressure in turn hosting loads at their desired amperes draw.
Now ma intelligent flight battery is indifferent apart from corrosion principle, oxidation reduction?
And this nexus back to "unachievable regaining hybernation" because the corrosion depletes, how could reversing corrosion occur, to allow authentic factory fresh hybernate status?

That might have intended to read: depleted OR hibernation mode.
Either way, the battery itself is disconnected from the electronics that would turn it on, so external power (charger) would be needed to activate the electronics.

Ahah, so typo's can misconstrue the logic, if a typo.
I say it since nothing achieves reversibility completeness to its beginning?
Lithium polymer cobalt is professed: lithium highly reactive metal, polymer the flowable insulatory medium, cobalt the restoration from corrosive process yielding near perfect corrosive reversing?
Any threads about this?
Is this mature science already? RC enthusiast hobbiests are well matured insofar as same battery technology applied as ma?

Reactions: Mtn. Man
...And this nexus back to "unachievable regaining hybernation" because the corrosion depletes, how could reversing corrosion occur, to allow authentic factory fresh hybernate status?
I don't know what they do or how they do it. I just know that my MP batteries are approaching two years of use without noticeable difference in flight time. I also use/charge them regularly so have not stored my batteries long enough to trigger a hibernation mode so cannot say what the effects may be.

M2 and MA don't provide a means of changing number of days idle before discharging to storage level, it is fixed at 10 days.
This is different than hibernation. Hibernation completely turns off the internal electronics to prevent them from discharging the battery further. I believe that initiates at 30 days idle.

O
M2 and MA don't provide a means of changing number of days idle before discharging to storage level, it is fixed at 10 days.
This is different than hibernation. Hibernation completely turns off the internal electronics to prevent them from discharging the battery further. I believe that initiates at 30 days idle.
OK 30days lockout automatic meaning never decrease (meaning flight too) below some defined point else irreversible damage occurs.
That's consistent with existing documentation and logic to reach longevity.

I don't know what they do or how they do it. I just know that my MP batteries are approaching two years of use without noticeable difference in flight time. I also use/charge them regularly so have not stored my batteries long enough to trigger a hibernation mode so cannot say what the effects may be.
Great reinforcement of dji recite 200cycles cold and 300cycles not cold battery's life expect. Thats a lot of flying considering plenty spare batteries

Great reinforcement of dji recite 200cycles cold and 300cycles not cold battery's life expect. Thats a lot of flying considering plenty spare batteries
So far, so good. I have three batteries that are numbered and I just rotate through them.

S
So far, so good. I have three batteries that are numbered and I just rotate through them.
Same here, one with costco mavic air & rc & carry case & shoulder bag & charger & spare propellers and guards & cable usbC(microUsbGenderChange) to usb3.0
I china ordered 2 battery spares genuine plus cigarette lighter dual charger for batteries.
All equipment is real good.

You can gauge battery health by how fast vertical ascent rate is. Just time how long it takes, nonsport full throttle upwards, for 300meters. Furthered, mark %remainder battery time. These will benchmark health. Of course benefit quiescent meteorological setting

O
OK 30days lockout automatic meaning never decrease (meaning flight too) below some defined point else irreversible damage occurs.
That's consistent with existing documentation and logic to reach longevity.
Well, the batteries themselves could lose charge. I was pleasantly surprised though that small single cell LiPos I have for my little Syma held their charge for what I think was nearly a year without any use or attention. One has some swelling but still seems good.
They were in my air conditioned house the whole time though. I doubt they would have lasted long in the trunk of my car.

Well, the batteries themselves could lose charge. I was pleasantly surprised though that small single cell LiPos I have for my little Syma held their charge for what I think was nearly a year without any use or attention. One has some swelling but still seems good.
They were in my air conditioned house the whole time though. I doubt they would have lasted long in the trunk of my car.
Verywell heat is a killer even on my musical stuff.
Kinda realizing cost triviality this expensive part the battery. So much has been ascended for ease longevity over legacy stagnation.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Madejow95