DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Battery Cell Broken

image.jpg Sorry about the delay, so I'm a bit confused as to which file to upload. I have the flight logs which are timestamped that didn't require accessing the black box section of DJI assistant. Then I have the dump from the black box itself which has files that aren't timestamped. Is it any of these?

Photo on 17-03-2018 at 10.03.jpg Photo on 17-03-2018 at 10.03 #3.jpg Photo on 18-03-2018 at 10.28.jpg I may have a new record.
One of my Batteries have just started with the Battery cell broken/ replace battery.
This happened after my firmware update. Now even with trying refreshing the firmware in DJI assistant and draining then changing the battery. I still get the message. I cannot start the motors, I just have to leave the Mavic on to drain battery.

Contacted DJI in Europe and they Told me online that the warranty for batteries is now one year. So I thought great! Even though I have the hassle to change a hardly used battery.

But as I purchased the Mavic Fly more pack in the USA I had to email them. After doing so I was told my 7 month old battery was out of warranty by one month!
More than annoying. I would have to purchase a new battery as the one I had failed after 6 cycles.

Has anyone found a solution to this? Is it firmware? Or is this just very poor service and product?

replace battery after just 6 cycles!  I c

Attachments

• Photo on 17-03-2018 at 10.03.jpg
    Photo on 17-03-2018 at 10.03.jpg
    161.9 KB · Views: 31
View attachment 35015 View attachment 35017 View attachment 35018 I may have a new record.
One of my Batteries have just started with the Battery cell broken/ replace battery.
This happened after my firmware update. Now even with trying refreshing the firmware in DJI assistant and draining then changing the battery. I still get the message. I cannot start the motors, I just have to leave the Mavic on to drain battery.

Contacted DJI in Europe and they Told me online that the warranty for batteries is now one year. So I thought great! Even though I have the hassle to change a hardly used battery.

But as I purchased the Mavic Fly more pack in the USA I had to email them. After doing so I was told my 7 month old battery was out of warranty by one month!
More than annoying. I would have to purchase a new battery as the one I had failed after 6 cycles.

Has anyone found a solution to this? Is it firmware? Or is this just very poor service and product?

Your battery is seriously out of balance, and the more you use it, the more unbalanced it becomes, until it completely fails. Your battery cannot be used to safely fly your drone. The only way to fix it is to rebalance your battery, but I have the feeling the changing hub, and the "smart" battery FW doesn't have that capability. So much for smart.

Thanks for the info Cyberpower. Such a shame. a $99 battery lasting 6 cycles. very very disappointing. Contacted support at DJI and they say as its just past the 6 month period from purchase. They will do nothing.

Does anyone have ideas on how to rebalance the battery?

Thanks for the info Cyberpower. Such a shame. a $99 battery lasting 6 cycles. very very disappointing. Contacted support at DJI and they say as its just past the 6 month period from purchase. They will do nothing.

Does anyone have ideas on how to rebalance the battery?
The only thing I can think of is to pull the cells out and wire it up to a balance charger. I have one but no connectors for 3S batteries.

I have one that is now showing a "bad cell". The battery is about a year old and has a total of 4, yes four charges...
What a waste.

After not flying for about 6 months, after turning my mavic on today, I got a battery error and bad cell message.

This drone has only a couple of charging cycles, but the warranty has expired.

I see that there is a lot of this issues and can't believe that is just a coincidence. DOes anyone have some solution for this or DJI became ****** and shady company who purposely want to take money out of our pocket for new batteries, while they are maybe perfectly fine?

After not flying for about 6 months, after turning my mavic on today, I got a battery error and bad cell message.

This drone has only a couple of charging cycles, but the warranty has expired.

I see that there is a lot of this issues and can't believe that is just a coincidence. DOes anyone have some solution for this or DJI became ****** and shady company who purposely want to take money out of our pocket for new batteries, while they are maybe perfectly fine?
The only solution is to buy another battery.
Amazon sells a non DJI brand that my flying friend has been using without any issues.

TIMES CHARGED: 5
CURRENT STATUS: CELL BROKEN

... i think i did nt use this battery a lots of times ... I should have flew more often !!! any ideas my friends? ... i think the battery is still useful for ground filming, ... the 3 axis gimbal is usefulcondé.jpg

I just got this as well. I updated the firmware on both mavic and remote and the battery is now working. Here is a picture of cells. Waiting to see if i charge it to 100 if it will work or not. Screenshot_20181014-000955_Samsung Experience Home.jpg

I got the same issue, I just knock it on my hand a few time then put it on my second mavic, the error went away. My battery has 50 cycles. I charged it 3 days ago, it was fine. When I try charged it when it had the error message, I think only the second light blinks

Last edited:
Reactions: mig25
apparently you have to use the batteries often in order to keep them functional. i.e. dont buy a battery and not use if for 6 months. you will be disappointed... like I got 5 charges and then battery error with cell differences.

The "broken" batteries still work well as USB charger banks with the USB adapter. My bad battery has a new job as a cell phone charger in the field.

Although I like benl90's suggestion of just knocking it with your hand a few times. :)

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
J S