DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Battery cell

MattsDrones

Reactions
After fully charging a battery and getting ready to fly, I quickly open the battery page for the aircraft. When looking at the battery cell indications the cells were not 100% full, but had one bar on the top missing. I've only charged these batteries a few times and am confused why they are already depleting. Is this normal? Or are these abnormal batteries?

If you fully charged batteries and you let them sit they will self discharge. I believe after three days unless you have an older drone, that lets you pick the days till discharge!!moral of the story is charge fly on repeat.

Any battery should never have that much of a cell deviation, regardless of whether or not its freshly charged or has been sitting and discharging. I would fly the battery down to 50%, close by and low to the ground, land and let the battery cool fully, then charge fully and check the cells again. If the deviation persists you have a bad battery.

Any battery should never have that much of a cell deviation, regardless of whether or not its freshly charged or has been sitting and discharging. I would fly the battery down to 50%, close by and low to the ground, land and let the battery cool fully, then charge fully and check the cells again. If the deviation persists you have a bad battery.
Thanks, I will see if that does anything.

I didn't see anything about comparative charge level of each cell in the OP... just that after fully charging, it didn't seem fully charged on the battery page. Why do you think there was a cell imbalance, which would be far more serious?

This is what I see after a full charge
My mistake, i misread your post to mean the cells had a one bar deviation but yours are perfectly equal. The battery looks to be perfectly fine other than the bars not being full. Showing 4.13 volts per cell. Is that normal for that battery?

My mistake, i misread your post to mean the cells had a one bar deviation but yours are perfectly equal. The battery looks to be perfectly fine other than the bars not being full. Showing 4.13 volts per cell. Is that normal for that battery?
No worries, it'll mostly sit at around 4.13. I was concerned why the cell bars were not 100% on such a young battery with only a few charge cycles.

Reactions: 3rdof5
No worries, it'll mostly sit at around 4.13. I was concerned why the cell bars were not 100% on such a young battery with only a few charge cycles.
Like @3rdof5 said, that looks fine. So long as the batteries don't further charge when you put them in the charger or the drone, the BMS in the battery thinks it's fully charged, and the BMS is the final authority on the matter 😆

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
volidas