DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Battery change while flying

Reactions
New to my Mavic Pro. While flying, I needed to change batteries. I turned off the battery and installed a new one. I started the smart battery and got a warning. Check app. I turned off everything and started over. Still the warning. This isn't the first time it happened. What am I doing wrong or how do I reconect?

The battery has firmware that probably needs updating. Use Go 4 to update.

It's not often that new quadrocopter firmware also includes battery updates. But if so, then of course all existing batteries need to be updated.

The DJI GO app should have given you an option to update. You will do the same for all your batteries.

If DJI go does not offer upgrades for non-upgraded batteries, then try using the DJI Assistant 2 PC software. To do this, you need to connect your active Mavic to your PC and of course use the rechargeable battery you want to update. At that time I remember having a similar problem ... At the time I was only able to update the inserted battery together with the MP. All other batteries I could only update with the Assistant 2.

Reactions: Inspirephil
Does the M2P allow you to swap batteries while still flying without having to go through the IMU calibration? With my Inspire 2 there’s a way to do this so I am asking everyone if there’s a way to do it with this drone.

FWIW, I shut everything completely down at every battery change. Probably unneccessary, but just a superstition of mine. When I start back up I go thru all the preflight again. It's just like a new outing.

After reading the title I wondered how anyone could change the batteries while flying. But you disappointed me and it seems that you land first.

Might have to update the batteries with the app before you go out

My process is, land , shutdown drone and controller. Remove batt and install new batt.

Startup and do normal checks. Do a quick short flight using rth.

Fly as normal

I have always just powered down the AC, swap battery, power it back up and take off as soon as the status goes green. Never have powered down the RC for a battery swap and never had a problem.

I have always just powered down the AC, swap battery, power it back up and take off as soon as the status goes green. Never have powered down the RC for a battery swap and never had a problem.
Same here.

same here. The only difference is if you want to save each flight as separate files in the mapping of your flight, then it is necessary to shut down the DJI app between flights.

With the Inspire 2 you can swap batteries without having to recalibrate the IMU and that’s why I asked about the M2P. You simply hold onto one battery while pushing the eject button and place a fresh battery in and then do it again for the second battery. That way you can continue flying without an IMU calibration slowing you down. But obviously it’s different than the M2P series because you only have one battery, period.

same here. The only difference is if you want to save each flight as separate files in the mapping of your flight, then it is necessary to shut down the DJI app between flights.
I usually change batteries without shutting down RC or app. I get separate flight logs for each flight.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GillesdeColombes