DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Battery charge bug?

James474474

Reactions
Had my mini 3 a week now and still waiting on the fly more combo so I have a single battery.

After use I charge it using a 65w PD charger straight into the drone. I have charged it 9 times in total.

A couple of times it has charged normally, and all 4 lights are solid on the drone. When I went to use it 30mins later the battery reports 60% charge and only 3 lights are illuminated.

Has anyone else experienced something similar, any ideas?

Only had a couple of flights and about 3 full charges (different chargers, 45 W, 65 W, 100 W).
Not experienced this with any of my 3 batteries so far.

I liked the possibilities of the battery from the bigger drones, like the M2P, where you could check the status via the battery itself rather then always having the need to plug it into the drone.

I might suspect, that maybe the drone drained the battery without you noticing it?
Or it depletes itself too early, which by now, would be a faulty unit, as the manual says, it will start to do so, after 10 days.

Definitely keep an eye on this.

DJI have offered a replacement but not convinced there is a fault as such:

This happens intermittently if I leave the drone connected to the charger overnight. If I unplug the drone from the charger once the battery is full it does not discharge.

I am therefore thinking it is a bug between the battery, drone and charger - the problem of not having a certified bundled charger. This is hard to troubleshoot further because I still dont have my fly more combo but once I get it I will test overnight charging through the cradle and see if the issue reoccurs.

It hasnt happened since I started unplugging after charging and always stays fully charged.

Looked at the data logs and voltage was reported as 3.7V per cell which matches 59% when the battery started at 100% and drained through use.

Reminds be of that old weird bug the Mavic Air used to have where a fully charged battery would all of a sudden report as 0% to the quad forcing an autolanding.. DJI issued a mandatory FW fix IIRC.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sverkerh