DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Battery crapped out.

Well, looks like you guys have some egg on your faces. Just got this from DJI:

"
Hi Steve,

Thank you for contacting DJI Technical Support.

We are glad to inform you that we already a feedback from our relevant and we can go ahead and replace your faulty battery.

By the way, may we know your current location so that we can advise you accordingly?

We will be waiting for your response.

We're genuinely eager to bring resolution to each of your questions because our heartfelt mission is to offer support in every possible manner. Should you have any more inquiries or concerns, don't hesitate to reach out. I'm here for you, ready to ensure that you receive the care and attention you deserve."

There was no negligence here, or carelessness. It was like the Jim Carry Movie. A Series of Unfortunate Events. There were no steps I took, that a reasonable person would expect to damage the battery. Sometimes s**t just happens. I wouldn't do what I did over again, but I can see how this could of happened to anyone. Just because something bad happens, doesn't mean it's someone's fault. You can always monday morning quarterback, and say someone should of done something differently. But I had no way of knowing, at the time, this would happen. But I'm sure something like this would never happen to you guys.

Well, looks like you guys have some egg on your faces. Just got this from DJI:

"
Hi Steve,

Thank you for contacting DJI Technical Support.

We are glad to inform you that we already a feedback from our relevant and we can go ahead and replace your faulty battery.

By the way, may we know your current location so that we can advise you accordingly?

We will be waiting for your response.

We're genuinely eager to bring resolution to each of your questions because our heartfelt mission is to offer support in every possible manner. Should you have any more inquiries or concerns, don't hesitate to reach out. I'm here for you, ready to ensure that you receive the care and attention you deserve."

There was no negligence here, or carelessness. It was like the Jim Carry Movie. A Series of Unfortunate Events. There were no steps I took, that a reasonable person would expect to damage the battery. Sometimes s**t just happens. I wouldn't do what I did over again, but I can see how this could of happened to anyone. Just because something bad happens, doesn't mean it's someone's fault. You can always monday morning quarterback, and say someone should of done something differently. But I had no way of knowing, at the time, this would happen. But I'm sure something like this would never happen to you guys.

Per post #20,

"DJI may well elect to give you a new battery, for good publicity, customer relations, or whatever. But not because their product warranty covers such owner-inflicted damage."

Your last (no negligence, or carelessness) paragraph and your initial post about how you exposed the battery to salt water don't seem to be describing the same events.

This brings to mind a tragic swimming accident in Egypt - drowning in the Nile.

Per post #20,

"DJI may well elect to give you a new battery, for good publicity, customer relations, or whatever. But not because their product warranty covers such owner-inflicted damage."

Your last (no negligence, or carelessness) paragraph and your initial post about how you exposed the battery to salt water don't seem to be describing the same events.

This brings to mind a tragic swimming accident in Egypt - drowning in the Nile.
Tell me exactly which thing I did, that was so careless or negligent. Then I will respond.

Got a shocker from DJI today. Now they say it was a European battery, so they can only send it back to a European address. Even though when I lost my mavic 3 pro that was purchased in Thailand, they sent it back to me here in the Philippines. Go figure.

"First of all, please be advised that when we checked your battery's information, it showed that the warranty coverage is in Europe. If we have to replace the battery, we can only send it to a European address.

If you have to send the battery back to us, if you have a friend, family, or relatives in Europe, we suggest to send to them first and let them help to send it back to our European warehouse. After finishing the aftersales service, we can only send your battery back to a European address. We hope you understand."

Tell me exactly which thing I did, that was so careless or negligent. Then I will respond.

Got a shocker from DJI today. Now they say it was a European battery, so they can only send it back to a European address. Even though when I lost my mavic 3 pro that was purchased in Thailand, they sent it back to me here in the Philippines. Go figure.

"First of all, please be advised that when we checked your battery's information, it showed that the warranty coverage is in Europe. If we have to replace the battery, we can only send it to a European address.

If you have to send the battery back to us, if you have a friend, family, or relatives in Europe, we suggest to send to them first and let them help to send it back to our European warehouse. After finishing the aftersales service, we can only send your battery back to a European address. We hope you understand."
If you cannot find someone on this forum to help you out, there are inexpensive forwarding services in the EU that can help.

Reactions: jwilson
Well dji emailed me this today. So hopefully they can send me the battery directly.

"On a related note, I am currently coordinating with our warehouse team to verify the possibility of sending a replacement battery directly to the Philippines. Rest assured, I will follow up with their response and provide you with an update as soon as possible. Please allow us a window of 24-48 hours to gather the necessary information and get back to you."

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DevinNorgarb