DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Battery crapped out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
If your shopping for a car, and you see the mpg ratings, city and highway, if you purchase that car, the milage you get will be pretty dam close to the sticker.
In your imagination.
Fuel economy for cars is measured under ideal conditions just as DJI does with their drones.
But driving or flying in real world conditions can't match laboratory type testing.
Intelligent people understand this.
The EPA checks this, and if they're wrong, the car company will be prosecuted.
The EPA is much more realistic than you.
That's why they have this on their webpage:

Or for more details read this:

But given your failure to understand the meaning of negligence, I wouldn't count on you being able to understand these either.
Drone ratings are virtually unregulated, so that's why they are so far off.
The only thing that's off about DJI's specs is your understanding of them.
DJI are up front and clearly explain the conditions they use in their testing.
If you have a better idea, perhaps you can tell DJI how they should do it.
A long time ago, their were two manufacturers of outboard boat engines. Evenruide and Mercury. Evenrude actually sued Mercury, claiming that when Mercury rated their engine at 100 hp, when it was actually 120 hp.
How does this relate to anything in this thread?

Are you kidding? DJI overrates their flight time by about 40%. That's OK with you? They should at least say, for the mavic 3 pro, that you will normally get about 25 minutes.

Have actually you flown your drone under the conditions DJI states for their ratings?

Or are you making an apples-to-oranges comparison between your typical flights and the rated figures which describe flight times under non-typical conditions?

DJI states clearly what the flight time numbers represent. Ignoring what they say and applying the flight time figure to typical flights just isn't reasonable.

Here is what DJI says about the battery life figure:

"3. Flight Time was measured with Mavic 3 Pro flying at a constant speed of 32.4 kph in a windless environment at sea level until the battery level reached 0%. Data is for reference only. Please pay attention to RTH reminders in the DJI Fly app during your flight." (32.4 kph = 20.1 mph)

Unless one duplicates those test conditions and come up with a substantially lower figure, one cannot claim that DJI is misleading anyone. Other things that may have impact on testing: age of battery and how many recharges it has as well as ambient air temp. I'll bet the DJI battery was brand new and fresh off a charger within 5 minutes of the aircraft launching. Temps were probably around 70f.

Have actually you flown your drone under the conditions DJI states for their ratings?
Have you? Why would I? That would be stupid. Why would you fly without taking any pictures or video? Plus, how would you find a place with no wind? Plus, flying to 0 battery would damage the battery.

Have you? Why would I? That would be stupid. Why would you fly without taking any pictures or video? Plus, how would you find a place with no wind? Plus, flying to 0 battery would damage the battery.
What's stupid is continuing to deny the obvious.
DJI's specs are clearly explained and just fine, you just refuse to understand them, like you dribble salt water on your battery and refuse to accept responsibility.

Reactions: Yorkshire_Pud

Well, you allege that DJI overstates the flight time by 40%. If you haven't tested performance at the rating conditions, where does the 40% figure come from?

Screenshot 2024-07-14 214411.jpg
Surely you weren't thinking that the maximum "lab conditions" rating was what the drone would actually do in typical flights with non-steady state flight parameters, high-resolution camera use, wind, OA and safety features in operation, and a sensible power reserve.

As you say, flying at the rating conditions "would be stupid." What might be said about expecting the same flight time when operating in a way that uses much more electric power?

I don't see any deception on DJI's part.

where does the 40% figure come from?
From me making hundreds of flights with my Mavic 3 Pro. How's that? Here's the big lie in black and white. This is from DJI's official video introducing the Mavic 3 pro:

1000002742.jpg
So is anyone ever going to get 43 minutes on a real flight? NO! Most people aren't going to read all the fine print in every product they buy. How many times have you gotten 43 minutes in a real flight?

From me making hundreds of flights with my Mavic 3 Pro. How's that? Here's the big lie in black and white. This is from DJI's official video introducing the Mavic 3 pro:
So is anyone ever going to get 43 minutes on a real flight? NO! Most people aren't going to read all the fine print in every product they buy. How many times have you gotten 43 minutes in a real flight?
Can't you see the asterisk there?
And the words below explaining the asterisk?

I guess not.
You can't see anything that disagrees with your distorted narrative.
Replying to you is a waste of effort because you can't understand anything that anyone tells you, not even when many people tell you the same thing again and again.

Can't you see the asterisk there?
And the words below explaining the asterisk?

I guess not.
You can't see anything that disagrees with your distorted narrative.
Replying to you is a waste of effort because you can't understand anything that anyone tells you, not even when many people tell you the same thing again and again.
Are you ever going to get a 43 minute flight? Yes or no?

I'm an electrical engineer. I worked at the largest defense contractor in California, in the early 80's, as a component engineer. I wrote specifications for the components my company bought from other companies. I also put these components through qualification testing, and visited the companies factories, to make sure their quality control was good. A specification is a legal document. My boss said their were two kinds of sales reps, liars, and fuckin liars! And DJI definitely lies about their drones performance.
I was also building a home built plane for a while. All the companies selling kits or plans, would lie about the planes performance, building time and cost. My company claimed my plane could be built in as little as a thousand hours. But when the designer was asked by a builder, if that time included tge time it took to read the plans, he said no. It's kinda hard to build a plane without reading the plans!
Jeepers, you are an electrical engineer and question why salt water in and around the battery with SMD circuitry caused damage ? :eek::eek::eek::eek:

Last edited:
Reactions: MS Coast and tstr14
I'm an electrical engineer. I worked at the largest defense contractor in California, in the early 80's, as a component engineer. I wrote specifications for the components my company bought from other companies. I also put these components through qualification testing, and visited the companies factories, to make sure their quality control was good. A specification is a legal document. My boss said their were two kinds of sales reps, liars, and fuckin liars! And DJI definitely lies about their drones performance.
I was also building a home built plane for a while. All the companies selling kits or plans, would lie about the planes performance, building time and cost. My company claimed my plane could be built in as little as a thousand hours. But when the designer was asked by a builder, if that time included tge time it took to read the plans, he said no. It's kinda hard to build a plane without reading the plans!

You seem to be extremely dissatisfied with DJI, despite them generously replacing a battery you subjected to salt water exposure. Perhaps it's time to consider switching to another brand of drones. Here's an option.

And there's a forum devoted to that manufacturer's drones.

Most people aren't going to read all the fine print in every product they buy.
I am 63 years old and have always been told if you don't read a product's small print then you have no one to blame for your misconceptions other then yourself.
You are around my age and if you haven't twigged that by now I feel sorry for you.

This Thread has gone off the rails. I have had to remove some posts and issue warnings.

1721061416140.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bigben123