DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Battery degradation advice

judell

Reactions
The advice in this forum has been amazing and always "right on".

I got my Mini combo about 2 months ago.
Since I'm in Canada, now that cold weather approaches, I'm probably not going to fly too much.
I've seen some posts about draining the battery and not keeping it charged 100%.
Can someone please post advice about the best way to store the batteries if you're not flying much (if at all) over the next 3 -4 months?
Thanks to everyone for sharing their knowledge with me/us.

Reactions: Fun Flyer
I posted a bit longer explanation in another post, but the short answer to your question is: long-term storage for LiOn/LiPo batteries is fine ~50%. In other words: 2/4 solid dots on the battery. A third flashing dot is not the end of the world; just don't let it drop below a flashing second dot (especially in a cold environment).

with the MM batteries they dont have an auto discharge mode like the bigger mavs so as @StantonZ said store them with at least 2 solid lights or even 3 would not be an issue ,they will loose a small amount of charge over a long period, the trick is to check them once a month, and if you do see them drop below 2 solid lights ,say just one solid light showing, then that is the time to put some charge in them

You need a 'Phantom Angel'. I don't think the version for the Mini is shipping just yet but I have just received my MA2 version. I've been an Angel user for some years and they are the best bits of kit for maintaining batteries.

Reactions: eaglesurfing
The advice in this forum has been amazing and always "right on".

I got my Mini combo about 2 months ago.
Since I'm in Canada, now that cold weather approaches, I'm probably not going to fly too much.
I've seen some posts about draining the battery and not keeping it charged 100%.
Can someone please post advice about the best way to store the batteries if you're not flying much (if at all) over the next 3 -4 months?
Thanks to everyone for sharing their knowledge with me/us.
If they have too much charge you can use them to charge a phone until you get to 50%. Then put them away.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Crazy007