DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

battery die in flight

What? They don’t fall out of the sky. They auto land. Please read the manual pages 13 to 15 again. And look at the chart I posted on batteries. They ALL go to zero slightly below 20%. To blame DJI for a battery trait is silly.

I guess DJI so show a percentage of 0% when the battery is at 30%. Would that make you happy? Your car does that now. When the gas gauge is at zero the car keeps going for awhile.

the big problem was, it didn't autoland, it just start to spin and fall fast from sky
well i send all records to DJI ( fast reply on FB, better than talk over mail ), they sad it look like battery was problem, and i will send it back when i got back home
and, there was first warning, i start going down ( you can see on video that it is where is Home point, it was above me ), and i didnt have any control over drone
again, why if it wasnt problem in battery, it was just empty, i cant charge it, and dock is showing error ?
no li ti battery can be so drain, i am building e-bikes for 12 years now, and never that happen

Also i will do V3.data log here, i will post it soon, and i will see more about AirData tip

and good news, i did all of my flight that i need on match,all was good, my gf will get one more battery befor she will join me ( with just 2 i am feeling limited ) so we will keep geting videos and photos, and i will keep it around 30% to land

very strange to fall from the sky, i have read many posts where the piolot was in complete control well past 19% and even into 1% and some have managed to land at-0% i personally havent gone that low but watched many videos where people have done that, never heard of one falling from the sky though, pretty scary thought.
I think I know the video you're referring to! That was a nail-biting flight and I certainly thought he wasn't going to make it back!

Billy Kyle wasn't so lucky, but was at 0% for some time. Definitely not good for the battery but at least it tries to save itself.

The DJI batteries are designed with safety margins in mind. The 0% battery is about 3.5v which is about 0.3v below the actual 0% of most LiPo batteries (typically 3.2v).

What happens at that point is any lower and the battery voltage plummets, cells is damaged and the copter falls out of the sky as it can no longer sustain flight.

For the sake of battery longevity its best not to push it to 0% too often.

Reactions: genesimmons
I am sorry i didnt update post
So i had to wait to get back to Canada, it was 6 months after buying drone, so they arange pick up, and after few days send me new battery, as old was gone for good
I am still not happy how drone went down just like that

Reactions: ahyan

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NIKLM