DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Battery Died - Drone Lost - Questions

Youser

Reactions
Lost the Mavic while flying in windy conditions.

As the drone was returning home it was fighting the wind. The battery was dropping fast until it got to critical and then dropped into a small forest.

100% pilot error and I probably could've landed it somewhere further away from me and gone to pick it up.

Not too bothered about the loss as insurance has already processed payment for a replacement.

Now, when looking at the flight log, the flight ends around 3/4 mins before the battery died. Why is that? How often does the app record the position of the drone.

Last GPS coordinates are from 3/4mins before the crash.

'Find my drone' shows the location of the drone to be where the controller was :?

when looking at the flight log, the flight ends around 3/4 mins before the battery died. Why is that?
Data is only recorded in the TXT flight log while the downlink is connected.

How often does the app record the position of the drone.
The position is recorded every 0.1 seconds.

Data is only recorded in the TXT flight log while the downlink is connected.

The position is recorded every 0.1 seconds.

So what would cause it to stop recording this info while it is still in the air and flying?

So what would cause it to stop recording this info while it is still in the air and flying?
Some of the usual suspects are interference in the flying area, an object between the Mavic and remote controller blocked the signal, the Mavic was too far away to transmit a signal, or the DJI GO app (or mobile device) was shut down.

Some of the usual suspects are interference in the flying area, an object between the Mavic and remote controller blocked the signal, the Mavic was too far away to transmit a signal, or the DJI GO app (or mobile device) was shut down.

None of this was the case. Had feed on the app right till the fall. Fall was around 50m away from me/controller

None of this was the case. Had feed on the app right till the fall. Fall was around 50m away from me/controller

If you were in landing mode, you can push elevator up to maintain altitude. It continue flying, even at below 3V per cell, but drops quickly below 3V. Generally you need to be landingi it once you're close to 3V or it will soon drop.

You might be able to find it if you walk a straight line to the last recorded position. Just look for any debris, like a prop blade, gimbal/camera, or battery. Usually something falls even if it is stuck in a tree. Then you can look up in the tree once you spot some something.

If you were in landing mode, you can push elevator up to maintain altitude. It continue flying, even at below 3V per cell, but drops quickly below 3V. Generally you need to be landingi it once you're close to 3V or it will soon drop.

You might be able to find it if you walk a straight line to the last recorded position. Just look for any debris, like a prop blade, gimbal/camera, or battery. Usually something falls even if it is stuck in a tree. Then you can look up in the tree once you spot some something.

Yes I was lifting it and pushing forward just so it could pass the trees but it died right in the middle of the trees.

Searched for a total of around 3 hours but couldn't find anything. Can't even see it in any of the trees.

One thing I learnt from all this was that I should've had my gimbal facing down so I could've got an idea of where it was going.

Battery died mid flight so the video recording stopped as well :(

Yes I was lifting it and pushing forward just so it could pass the trees but it died right in the middle of the trees.

Searched for a total of around 3 hours but couldn't find anything. Can't even see it in any of the trees.

One thing I learnt from all this was that I should've had my gimbal facing down so I could've got an idea of where it was going.

Battery died mid flight so the video recording stopped as well :(

Well, at the point it fell you should still have video and see it spinning. It should be just 30-70 feet ahead of where it started falling, towards home.

Edit: Unfortunately I have more experience than I should with flying until it falls from the sky. It always starts spinning right before the video feed cuts off and it falls.

Well, at the point it fell you should still have video and see it spinning. It should be just 30-70 feet ahead of where it started falling, towards home.

Edit: Unfortunately I have more experience than I should with flying until it falls from the sky. It always starts spinning right before the video feed cuts off and it falls.

Yes it did spin.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Maybe it fell onto the footpath and that jogger jogged on with it lol.

Flight record stopped recording a 1000m before this and thats the last gps position from the .csv file I downloaded.

Yes it did spin.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Maybe it fell onto the footpath and that jogger jogged on with it lol.

Flight record stopped recording a 1000m before this and thats the last gps position from the .csv file I downloaded.

If you saw it starting spinning and dropping, it that is where it fell, but 30-70ft from that point toward you. It can curve off to the left or right slightly as it spins down. It's probably in a tree.

If you were at a low altitude, like under 100 feet, could be less than 30 feet from spin point.

Try you try viewing your TXT flight log here?

No. You'll need to use iTunes. See the instructions here.

Try you try viewing your TXT flight log here?

Had a look. Last entry doesn't really show anything wrong all though there were weak signal issues throughout the flight. Battery at 67%, all cells at 3.657v, cell deviation 0%, 20 satellites.

67% hardly sounds like you flying it until it went critical.

Feel free to post your log here if you want people to take a look at it. There's not much help we can offer if you're just going to tell us what you think the log shows.

Reactions: sar104
Feel free to post your log here if you want people to take a look at it. There's not much help we can offer if you're just going to tell us what you think the log shows.

How do I post the log here? There was a button to save the log but when I opened it, it was the original format. Is that the one I should post?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
llMUTTZZll