DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Battery discharge ? Help

Did you have the AC connected when you checked the days to discharge setting?

To my knowledge, the default was changed to 5 days only on the M2 because of the higher claims of swelling.

no.
that is a true statement. "5 days only on the M2 because of the higher claims of swelling"

I do not think that you can change the settings. manually.

one of the updates in past, change that. but I do not that pressing the battery twice, stops the discharging cycle, starts the count down over. at least that what I understands after the last update to the batteries. I have flown my mp2 after the discharged cycle has started, and pressed the batteries twice to stop the discharge cycle, before I flew my mp2. I did not have time to recharge, and needed the shots. batteries were a little low, since the last charge. I do not recommend this.

Is best practice 3 days discharge for these batteries?
actually best practice would be to keep them at storage level and only charge them when you are ready to fly,but we all know that sometimes life or weather gets in the way and we are all charged up with no where to go ,so if you set the discharge to 3 days ,then you are probably going to be able to fly some time in that period ,but dont let them stand around with a full charge for much longer than that ,i have mine set at 3 days and have had no issues so far in over a year of use

Reactions: easyheimer
I do not think that you can change the settings. manually.

one of the updates in past, change that. but I do not that pressing the battery twice, stops the discharging cycle, starts the count down over. at least that what I understands after the last update to the batteries. I have flown my mp2 after the discharged cycle has started, and pressed the batteries twice to stop the discharge cycle, before I flew my mp2. I did not have time to recharge, and needed the shots. batteries were a little low, since the last charge. I do not recommend this.

That depends on the model. Most models you could change discharge days, but was not able to be changed and was set to 10 days on the M2. Last firmware update and app update now allows it but default is now 5 days. Checking SoC on M2 does not reset the clock.

But this topic is about M1. That always defaulted to 10 days, was able to be changed. It also has been confirmed by others that checking SoC resets the clock which is dumb.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Keith J