DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Battery discharge

Never come to Vancouver Island then. It's either raining or damp 365. Oh, and I've been flying my drone for 4 months in rain, mist, snow, and...damp...
Now that genuinely surprises me, maybe I may have a go at it, would make an interesting video

Yep, and and all three batteries updated when I've put it in drone. Battery in charge hub still showing all leds
Odd. Have you tried placing one of the batteries in the drone so you can read the percentage and are not just gauging the charge left based on the 4 LEDs? I left my batteries in the charger for about 3 days and when I stuck one in my drone so I could fly it read 90%.

Reactions: merak75
Any problem with just not charging them after flying them around all day? Other than forgetting to charge them the night before flying and having a ‘DOH!” moment when you get out there and realize you didnt charge them? Do they have to be charged to a minimum level before storage?

Reactions: old man mavic
@THEYNINE there is no need to charge them after a days flying ,as long as you have not drained them down to very low levels ,around 30% should be fine to store them for a few days and then recharge them fully before your next outing ,lipos dont respond well to being run down to very low voltages ,or at the opposite end of the scale being fully charged for long periods of time ,if you know that you will not be flying for an extended period then its best to store them around 50% to 65% and check on them ounce a month this would probably be in the winter time when the weather is not great for flying

Odd. Have you tried placing one of the batteries in the drone so you can read the percentage and are not just gauging the charge left based on the 4 LEDs? I left my batteries in the charger for about 3 days and when I stuck one in my drone so I could fly it read 90%.
Will have a look, used ti my Pantom that actually discharge to 3 LEDs

7 days after charging, the batteries have been left in the hub untouched, no pressing the button or any other kind of intereference.

I made a video. Would appreciate your comments etc.

7 days after charging...
Can't figure out why you expect a full discharge down to stated storage level already after 7 days ?

If you go back to post #13 I've pasted in what's stated in the manual ... there you see that the first step of discharge have been done on your batteries (down to around 96%). Then after 9 days it should be at approx 72%.

The final second discharge down to storage will for sure take a couple days & generate some heat ... imagine it it will kick in 1-2 days before the ninth day.

Reactions: PJordan
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JTBennett00