DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

battery error

logan5

Reactions
I am on vacation and wanted to know how to fix this battery error that makes it so i can not fly. Is there a quick fix or do i need a new battery?

I got a Battery Error on one of my MPP batts a while back. All I found out from DJI online help was to run the battery down, and then do a normal recharge. I just turned on the drone and let it run until it turned itself off. That did not work I still got the same error and the MPP would not take off with that battery attached. I did that 3 times all with the same result, the battery charges up to 4-Green but the controller shows the Battery Error message as soon as you try and turn the drone on. It seems to be a small voltage imbalance between the 3 internal cells, when you go in and look at the detailed battery data. I have 2 other good batteries, so I can still fly. I have not looked into getting the ‘bad’ cell replaced. The entire system is about 2 years old, but no DJI Care right now. I would guess that battery has gone through more than a few dozen charge cycles. Good luck on your end, but it sucks big time this happened on your vacation time.

Reactions: PhoenixBird
I got a Battery Error on one of my MPP batts a while back. All I found out from DJI online help was to run the battery down, and then do a normal recharge. I just turned on the drone and let it run until it turned itself off. That did not work I still got the same error and the MPP would not take off with that battery attached. I did that 3 times all with the same result, the battery charges up to 4-Green but the controller shows the Battery Error message as soon as you try and turn the drone on. It seems to be a small voltage imbalance between the 3 internal cells, when you go in and look at the detailed battery data. I have 2 other good batteries, so I can still fly. I have not looked into getting the ‘bad’ cell replaced. The entire system is about 2 years old, but no DJI Care right now. I would guess that battery has gone through more than a few dozen charge cycles. Good luck on your end, but it sucks big time this happened on your vacation time.

yea i only have the one battery and have had the mavic for over a year the battery is at about 45 charges in total but its well over the 6 month mark

There should be one from the moment it connected to the controller. You don't have to take off for the log to start recording.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bant18