DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Battery explosion, house nearly burnt down

Status
Not open for further replies.
After flying your drone, would it be safer to just wait until the day before you plan on flying again, to charge the batteries up so your not storing fully charged batteries. I understand after about 5 or 6 days they discharge to about sixty percent anyway.

After flying your drone, would it be safer to just wait until the day before you plan on flying again, to charge the batteries up so your not storing fully charged batteries. I understand after about 5 or 6 days they discharge to about sixty percent anyway.
That's what I do. It means that I can't go spontaneously flying, but not only is it safer but it's better for my batteries.

Reactions: Flerunner
This report is very sobering. I charge my batteries without concern, no more.

A few things: Contact DJI. Be very upset. You should be. Talk legal action. YOU SHOULD BE COMPENSATED, GENEROUSLY, FOR THE DANGER TO PERSONAL SAFETY AND PROPERTY.

This simply shouldn't happen. It is possible to design li-ion battery systems that don't do this. Do you put your cell phone in a charge bag? Your RC? FPV goggles battery?

I'm getting/making an enormous lipo charge bag, and charging in that from now on.
DJI will probably tell you that you didn't charge them correctly, or used a 3rd party charger that damaged the batteries, or that you damaged them yourself...etc. I doubt they will take any of those legal action threat seriously though.

This thread is locked until I get a chance later to clean it up. The trolling and personal attacks will not be tolerated if I open the thread later.

I just don’t understand supposedly college educated professionals acting in the manner this thread has shown. Disgraceful!!!

This thread will be closed permanently if it strays from the original topic again.

Last edited:
Not sure if I missed it somewhere, but were you using the OEM charger or an aftermarket one?

Reason I ask is because in my time with cameras, drones and other multi cell battery powered devices, many aftermarket chargers lack or outright lie about having balance charge capabilities.
The charger does not balance the cells. The internal BMS does that.

That's why individual cell voltages are not available on the connector.

I'm starting to wonder if this was really a truthful posting by the OP.
We have repeatedly asked him for the serial numbers, age of the battery that exploded and if there had been previous swelling noted. The OP has refused to answer any of those questions despite a number of us asking him to please post those details to help the rest of us with M2Pro batteries.
This is six pages long and not a word from the OP. Now I am beginning to think this was a fake post, anyone else thinking along these lines? Why is the OP refusing to give us this important data?

whether it was true or not, perhaps it would be a good time to lock it for now
so i will do that

• Sad
Reactions: Torque and Yaros
Status
Not open for further replies.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member