DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Battery flight (20-25 minutes)

BillyBoot

Reactions
Ok... I am a newbie and have a question..
20-25 minutes of having fun flying your drone must go quick.

Lets say you drive to a nice place an hour away to fly your drone 20-25 minutes then its time to go home. Is it really worth it?
Is there any other way ya can get more air time off a battery? or do you guys buy multiple batteries.
20-25 minutes seems like a very short time having fun with flying your drones.

do you guys buy multiple batteries.
Yes. Buy an extra battery for every extra ~20 minutes you want to fly.

It surely beats driving back home every time you want to charge a single battery ;)

First of all, concentrating on flying for 20 or so minutes is a LONG time. It won't seem like it "goes quick".

But yes, get multiple batteries.

Reactions: PolarBZ
i have 7 batterys and some have even more,it suxx having to power down and restart but its worth it.

I have two and I rarely use the second one. Plan the shot, fly up get it done, back down.

Reactions: Daptone
I have two and I rarely use the second one. Plan the shot, fly up get it done, back down.

I have 5 batteries and a charger in my truck that charges 3 at a time (45 min charge time). I can fly almost continuously if I remember to plug in the batteries when changing them out.

I can rotate through three batteries with a car charger and can pretty much fly all day, assuming I spend part of the time driving to different locations.

During the perfect weather days I've been using four and charging on site which has kept me busy all day if need be. Make sure you don't kill your vehicles starting battery. Seen one of my flying buddies go through that.

Yup, get more batteries. And also, get a car charger for your batteries.

I live in Arizona and a lot of flying is done in the desert or mountains (500 feet above sea level up to 7,000') I bought an Inverter to attach directly to the battery and an after market charger. The inverter is overkill but if I need some real power I have it. The charger will charge 1, 2 or 3 batteries at one time plus 2 USB ports (oem charges one battery at a time)

You may need to charge the RC and the display also if you fly a lot.

I have 5 batteries and a charger in my truck that charges 3 at a time (45 min charge time). I can fly almost continuously if I remember to plug in the batteries when changing them out.

Can you tell me which charger you have for your truck?

Can you tell me which charger you have for your truck?

There seems to be a few out there. I've always seen the "Blue" models. Titan has one that I've considered. I've been using a 40 dollar Thor Charger Station but they kind of all look the same and I don't know if any are better in quality the other. The Thor station I've been using has a digital display. The first one I bought failed w/i a week but the replacement has been fine for over 6 months. Titan seems to offer higher quality stuff and have considered one of theirs but it's a bit pricey at 50 US. They usually require 110AC power (the US models) and do pull a fair amount of power while in operation. Most all of them have a few USB charging ports for your phone or controller.

I have a 2000w inverter in my van with large solar panels on top so I don't really care about using any of these chargers in the field (unless it overcast) and killing my starting battery. I think if I didn't have solar, I'd be looking at a good charging brick like what Energen offers. I guess they got one called the DroneMax360 I might look into down the road. I think it will charge 4 at once from the pics I've seen. Nice looking power station.

Blue Mavic charger.JPG
Thor battery charger.JPG
titan charger 50 bucks.JPG
Ener-batt.JPG
DroneMax 360.JPG

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeaconB