DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Battery Flight Time on my Mini 2 What can I expect from the batteries that came with the drone?

Not enough information. Are you saying you just flew for the first time and got 16 minutes on a fully charged battery? Are you using the Mini 2 battery or a Mini 1 battery? Was it fully charged, 4 lights, when you started? How did you fly, in what manner? Close and moderate speed or far and fast? How was the wind? Is it a new battery or did you buy used equipment? Was it cold or hot outside? Were you in high elevation or low?

Can I only expect 16 minutes of flight time with these batteries that came with the drone Mini 2
You could expect up to 31 minutes.
But to achieve that you would have to fly at a steady 4.7 m/s in windless conditions.
But additional climbing, flying faster, hovering, stop/start, fighting winds will all reduce flight time to something less than the maximum.

20 to 25 minutes, but it depends on wind, climbing, what mode your flying in.

Reactions: CLAYB.7
@Robo1946 as others have stated ,there are so many things which contribute to the flight time ,
the real world time is always a lot less than that stated by the manufacturer ,just be aware that new batteries do seem to improve after they have been charged /discharged a few times ,and their performance improves ,whether this is true or not ,i cant say for sure ,but those in the know say that treating the batteries carefully when new will improve their lifespan
by carefully, means not putting heavy demands on them such as flying in sport mode continuously or discharging them down to very low voltage levels,

Reactions: MARK (LI)
The four biggest factors in battery flight time life are altitude, temperature, wind speed and operator inputs. If you fly aggressively at high altitude on a really cold windy day( substitute the opposite for any factor) you're going to get maybe 10 to 15 minutes. Change one extreme to an average, say it's still cold and windy on that mountain but you're just cruising along, you could probably add about 5 minutes back on to your flight time. At sea level on a nice calm day you could cruise along for almost 30 minutes BUT without any emergency reserve power and risk shortening the overall lifespan of your battery. In the philadelphia area where I'm at(39 feet above sea level) I can regularly get between 25 and 30 minutes if I take the battery to zero( which I DO NOT RECOMMEND) on a perfect day but a normal, real world time with safety buffer is more like 20 to 25.
Long winded, I know, but I figured I would try to cover the bases for you.

Too many variable - like most have said already with their answers. Solely depends on YOU and how you FLY. Be conservative and you can get max flight time; want to be SUPER SPORT MODE all the time and you'll get far less.

Just keep an eye out on your screen for battery time left. Enjoy flying, not so much worry on how long the battery lasts. You will learn over time what your drone / batteries will do.

I usually fly and return before 30% battery.
In calm wind conditions I get from 17-18 minutes.
(new batteries with only 3 cycles)

Cattura.PNG

Can I only expect 16 minutes of flight time with these batteries that came with the drone Mini 2
Hey Brother congratulations on getting your Mavic Mini 2 and I will tell you that you should be able to get around (22-27) minutes of flight time depending on a few things on how you are flying it meaning what mode are you flying it in and also you will have to take in consideration the conditions you are flying in as well meaning wind speed etc. but for me and my Mini 2 flight times were on a average were ranging in between the (22-27) minutes of flight time and I could have went on a little bit longer than that but I took in consideration for bringing her back to me and landing her and of course if you run her in Sport Mode your flight time is going to be the lesser of the two times saying around the (20-22) minutes area and if you are out there flying modest and filming alot of things then you can get around (25-27) minutes of flight time with no problems with the batteries that comes with THE MAVIC MINI 2 and with the extra MAVIC MINI 2 batteries that I bought extra for it. Brother I truly hope that this helps you out with your journey that you are on and again congrats on your Mavic Mini 2 and God Bless You Brother ✝️ Sincerely Clay B.

Reactions: zeNitro
I usually get up to 24 minutes if I. Go to just about the end of battery time. But I play it safe by doing 21 minutes.

Reactions: CLAYB.7
I usually get up to 24 minutes if I. Go to just about the end of battery time. But I play it safe by doing 21 minutes.
Hey Brother it looks like you might be down the road from me I'm maybe 5-10 minutes from Union right off 215 in the West Springs area and yeah man depends on what I'm doing as far as shooting video of my area here or just snapping some pictures I just ordered some of those Master Air Screw props (BLACK) for my Mini 2 I should be getting them in a few days I'm wanting to see what kind of times I can get with them on God Bless ✝️

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DoubleBarS