DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Battery issues again?

radio5991

Reactions
Flying my Mavic Platinum Pro last year and noticed battery would remain at 100% for quite some time into flight
Then one day returning home with 30%, drone got ready to land and battery level just dropped from 28% to 5% in seconds and crashed nearly on top of me. DJI replaced-Thank you DJI
Today I noticed the same thing: 100% for several minutes into flight. I returned to a clean private road where I had set home point and flew up and down at 2 to 3 feet off the ground, then hovered at 2 feet purposely taking battery down to 10% with no issues.
I am now a little scared to fly. Ideas?

So the original initial problem flight battery was replaced last year, and now just recently you had the same thing happen, you flew (how long ?) returned to home point and came low hovered, still showing 100%, then battery dropped to 10% (how fast, suddenly again ?).

I have M1P batteries 5+ years old, still behave and give flight times as original, so it could be an issue with individual batteries.
It would seem like bad luck getting 2 with same issue though.

I take it you had them fully charged just prior to flight(s), as in before any auto discharge may have begun ?

What I think prudent, is to check each battery in the drone, can be just turned on and connected, with Go4 go into battery menu and check cell balances.

Do this with any auto discharged batteries, then charge them up and check individually when fully charged.
There should be very little difference after charging, I find (I think from memory it is) less than 0.1v or 0.2v difference usually.

This info will also be in you airdata report info (and perhaps phantomhelp report too ?).
Your TXT log from the flight could be posted here and perhaps show an error . . . if you feel like uploading the txt, or the phantomhelp / airdata report url(s), then someone should be able to check this.

See section 3 here to get you flight log if unsure . . .

Reactions: Flycaster
So the original initial problem flight battery was replaced last year, and now just recently you had the same thing happen, you flew (how long ?) returned to home point and came low hovered, still showing 100%, then battery dropped to 10% (how fast, suddenly again ?).

I have M1P batteries 5+ years old, still behave and give flight times as original, so it could be an issue with individual batteries.
It would seem like bad luck getting 2 with same issue though.

I take it you had them fully charged just prior to flight(s), as in before any auto discharge may have begun ?

What I think prudent, is to check each battery in the drone, can be just turned on and connected, with Go4 go into battery menu and check cell balances.

Do this with any auto discharged batteries, then charge them up and check individually when fully charged.
There should be very little difference after charging, I find (I think from memory it is) less than 0.1v or 0.2v difference usually.

This info will also be in you airdata report info (and perhaps phantomhelp report too ?).
Your TXT log from the flight could be posted here and perhaps show an error . . . if you feel like uploading the txt, or the phantomhelp / airdata report url(s), then someone should be able to check this.

See section 3 here to get you flight log if unsure . . .

Did you find out the cause of this issue? I can't tell you how many times on my return flights the batterys consumption rate is much higher on my return flights. And it has nothing to do with facing head winds.

Did you find out the cause of this issue? I can't tell you how many times on my return flights the batterys consumption rate is much higher on my return flights. And it has nothing to do with facing head winds.
You'd be after @radio5991 . . . the OP.

Must say I've never noticed anything like that with my M1P or Spark.

What I've taken in over the years here is if you fly on a battery that has not recently been charged (anything into the auto discharge function), then the cells can be unbalanced and very often lead to a very sharp drop in power during a flight.

Not sure if this was the OPs problem, or yours,

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Philip Chura