DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Battery issues

Paulpoels

Reactions
I was the proud owner of a Mavic Air 1 ... until all the batteries in my fly more combo died within a few weeks.
However, I had clearly followed the instructions for careful storage of the batteries.
I was therefore very disappointed to learn that repair was not possible and that new batteries can no longer be purchased.
And this for a device less than three years old.
If DJI follows the same strategy with the Mini Pro 3, I see no reason to purchase this device.

I agree that the Air 1 had a fairly short EOL/EOSL, and the shortage of primary components like batteries is regrettable. Autel recently went through this EOL on Evo 1, where batteries became unavailable. This is based on economics 101 and the amount of models still in use. DJI seems to keep parts and batteries available way more than small drone makers, but has to draw the line somewhere. Without unlimited manufacturing capacity, market analysis of demand tells them what to support and what not. That said the Mini 3 Pro has already sold some 30x the ENTIRE RUN of Mavic Air, in less than one month. 😳 I EXPECT support will continue for some time, but it's not my choice to make.

Same as decisions about firmware and feature upgrades. I am probably selling my Mavic Air 2, not for lack of support, but that DJI has largely abandoned updates for it. No Mastershots, no RC Pro support, just the occasional FW to fix bugs when new Fly App versions break stuff on older models. It's a shame, since, in spite of Air 2S stealing h all the glory, the Air 2 is a really a solid, well built, great value product.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Flonke