DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Battery latch missing

vaughnmr

Reactions
I bought a used Mavic Air, and one of the batteries has one of the latches missing. Can I still use this battery?

You should not use that battery. If the battery disconnects mid-flight, the aircraft will drop to the ground like a rock.

I'm not sure how it would affect the flight characteristics, but how about using a Zip-Tie to ensure the battery doesn't fall out? Or perhaps a couple of Velcro straps.

how about using a Zip-Tie to ensure the battery doesn't fall out?
While possible, there would be a lot of money on the line if doesn't work as planned.

True, but how often does a size L zip tie fail? I think I'd trust it.

Dude, it doesn't even need to fail. It just needs to become dislodged enough to lose connection for a fraction of a second, and your drone turns into a paperweight.
And with one latch missing?? All it would take is a quick jostle / brake / roll against the wind for that battery to be lifted up on that side.
I have done enough stupid things with this hobby to definitively say that the battery is THE LAST thing you want to take risks with.

It'd be one thing if you just dropped it or something.
A missing latch? No way. If you fly with that, consider your drone dead.

Reactions: Shon
Dude, it doesn't even need to fail. It just needs to become dislodged enough to lose connection for a fraction of a second, and your drone turns into a paperweight.
And with one latch missing?? All it would take is a quick jostle / brake / roll against the wind for that battery to be lifted up on that side.
I have done enough stupid things with this hobby to definitively say that the battery is THE LAST thing you want to take risks with.

It'd be one thing if you just dropped it or something.
A missing latch? No way. If you fly with that, consider your drone dead.
Agree 100%. Wouldn't recommend using duct tape on the props either...

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Htrismegistus