DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Battery led”4” flashing fix

vanquishglory

Reactions
Hello everyone, today i experienced a wierd issue after the latest update.
Completed the update, took the drone for a spin. Came back with about 35% battery, turned off the MP, let the battery cool for about 20min and the i tried to charge it. Connected the battery to the charging hub and got the led”4” flashing( its the led closest to the round power button). Tried a few times more time connecting it to either the charger or hub. No luck. Took the drone for another spin and took the same battery from 35% to 5%. Let the battery sit for about 45min and connected it to the charger, led”4” flashing again.
Read the MP manual, found out the flashing was telling me the charging temp to hot. I felt that was very strange because my office has the a/c blasting at 23celsius. In the meantime the battery sat for another hour while i was searching for a way to fix the issue. After i realized that an hour passed i tried to charge it again. Still a no go.
After a little thinking, i took the battery and stuck it in the freezer for 20-30min. Took the battery out and connected it directly to the charger, and “hey presto” it started charging. Fully charged i took the MP for a spin and depleted the battery. Stuck the battery back in the charger and everything worked as normalIMG_8228.JPG

Reactions: Mossiback
Updated and took drone for a spin !!

Did you calibrate the sensors ?

Calibrate the imu ?

Recenter the gimbal ?

Check all your setting as after each update some are returned to factory ?

What i usually do after update is:
1) turn everything on and let sit for 2-3min and check for any errors
2) let it hover with minor movements in all directions for at least 5min at about 1-2m off the ground take a selfie
3) lift it higher and start some controlled movements that i am familiar with and know how it should handle again take a selfie( just to make sure i look just as good from far away)
4) once i am happy and confident i give it hell in sport mode.

Reactions: Irish-apple
What i usually do after update is:
1) turn everything on and let sit for 2-3min and check for any errors
2) let it hover with minor movements in all directions for at least 5min at about 1-2m off the ground take a selfie
3) lift it higher and start some controlled movements that i am familiar with and know how it should handle again take a selfie( just to make sure i look just as good from far away)
4) once i am happy and confident i give it **** in sport mode.
best of luck as thinking that way will lose your drone .. do your self and the community a favour and calibrate everything after any update I actually calibrate everything before a flight ,, takes time etc but I prefer 4 min flight time less then a fly away and when I then put in another battery im confident in the drone ,, not getting on to you just advice ..

stay safe

Thanks for the post OP. I wonder how many batteries were tossed because their owners thought them defective.

Reactions: Irish-apple

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Deltabird