DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Battery life on the air

Moxlade

Reactions
Hello guys, new to having a drone.

Brought a Mavic Air this week, taken it out couple of times with great results, went to take it out today with full batteries and for some reason I’m only getting 5 minute flight time on all batteries when they are 100%? Any ideas what is causing this please? Have I changed a setting ect. Any help would be very grateful as it is stressing me out haha

Matt

Hello guys, new to having a drone.

Brought a Mavic Air this week, taken it out couple of times with great results, went to take it out today with full batteries and for some reason I’m only getting 5 minute flight time on all batteries when they are 100%? Any ideas what is causing this please? Have I changed a setting ect. Any help would be very grateful as it is stressing me out haha

Matt

From my understanding environmental conditions can affect battery life the more wind there is the more the drone has to compensate to keep itself from drifting in the wind. Temperature humidity and other common weather factors affect battery life as well.

5mins sounds short even with extreme conditions but I’m a new owner myself so i don’t have enough experience to say

Reactions: Moxlade
Okay mate, just unsure why it would be the same for all batteries, different locations with one being indoors aswell, will try again today but is becoming really frustrating

I do know that sport mode chews up a newly charges battery . 5 minutes is very short flights though .

Have you checked the setting for the Low Battery warning? It is set to 30% by default, if you have inadvertently set this to something higher, the drone will begin a RTH on Low Battery based on this setting.

After you've checked the low battery warning as above, it's probably worth contacting the supplier you bought it from. 5 minutes seems really off...

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Trubbaman