DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Battery maintenance

Ralph thompson

Reactions
As one who has owned Phantoms (2012) and Inspire 1 Pros (2015) I'm used to obsessive battery maintenance following the recommendations of DJI and Airdata. But with the M2P it looks tricky. I don't have a discharge tool for the batteries, (50% when not in use). I do check for cracks and bulges every time I use them. But my batteries are all getting close to 200 uses and over 20 hrs. The full service recommendation includes cleaning the terminals but they are quite delicate contacts and its not possible to see if they are stained. Anyone have a suggestion how to safely clean the contacts?

As one who has owned Phantoms (2012) and Inspire 1 Pros (2015) I'm used to obsessive battery maintenance following the recommendations of DJI and Airdata. But with the M2P it looks tricky. I don't have a discharge tool for the batteries, (50% when not in use). I do check for cracks and bulges every time I use them. But my batteries are all getting close to 200 uses and over 20 hrs. The full service recommendation includes cleaning the terminals but they are quite delicate contacts and its not possible to see if they are stained. Anyone have a suggestion how to safely clean the contacts?
I have used this since the I1 and P3 days : Amazon.com: DeoxIT Gold Mini-Spray, 5% Contact Conditioner 14 g - GN5MS-15: Electronics

Reactions: EricJT
So u just spray the contacts & leave it? U don’t try to rub the contacts with say fine sandpaper?

So u just spray the contacts & leave it? U don’t try to rub the contacts with say fine sandpaper?
Ahhhh no, I wouldn't dare to try and sand them, it's made to do a purpose and it does it, no other steps are needed...note it doesn't come cheap....there is a reason for that ;) Sanding any contact would actually decrease it functionality in purpose BTW. You would go from a smooth surface to one with lands and grooves so actually less contact.

Ok thanks for yr advice. Safe flying.
im guessing u spray ligthly, plug it in & unplug a couple of times ( to clean male & female) then unplug & just let it dry

Ok thanks for yr advice. Safe flying.
im guessing u spray ligthly, plug it in & unplug a couple of times ( to clean male & female) then unplug & just let it dry
Abit like that, I spray both connectors craft and battery and let them sit a bit. I then lightly dob them with a qtip or whatever. I invert the battery and tap it out on paper towel, I spray it again after about a hour and then do the plug unplug thing. I use canned air on both after that. I hit the charger and the hub the same way...about every month or so. :)

It is plastic safe but I still clean up using windex on the outside of body and plugs to make it all pretty :)

Definitely don't sand, you'll remove the gold coating.

Personally I wouldn't worry about cleaning contacts with solvent. Perhaps a brushing with something no stiffer than a toothbrush to remove any detected debris.

Ahhhh no, I wouldn't dare to try and sand them, it's made to do a purpose and it does it, no other steps are needed...note it doesn't come cheap....there is a reason for that ;) Sanding any contact would actually decrease it functionality in purpose BTW. You would go from a smooth surface to one with lands and grooves so actually less contact.
DO NOT SAND CONTACTS! IF, they were large enough to access, an eraser will clean the gold.

DO NOT SAND CONTACTS! IF, they were large enough to access, an eraser will clean the gold.
An Eraser is nothing more than a finer "sandpaper" and even worse will leave a insulating residue...not good. ;)

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deepdark