DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Battery MOD help to use LIPO

woody565

Reactions
Hi all,

I have a battery which I have opened for testing. As is already known if you remove any cell from the circuit the BSM requires resetting. I want to able to use an empty battery case to house the BMS and fit it with 2 x XT60 connectors and 2 x 4 pin balance connectors. I will wire both sets in parallel and mount the HV LIPO on top of the drone.

The issue comes when swapping the batteries as one pack will be discharged and the other fully charged, both will be connected at the same time for a short period to keep the BMS from creating the flag.

Would it be acceptable to install 2 x 10A schottky diodes in parallel (for redundancy) on the positive side of each XT60 connector to stop reverse charging during the battery change over?

cheers,

Dan

What are you trying to "test"?
If you just want to extend the capacity/run-time, you can do a search for a couple of threads for a company that makes an XT60 adapter where you can add another battery pack in parallel (to an in-tact DJI pack). It's not the best solution, but it works (and adds ~20% to the flight time depending on the additional AHr).

I have that adapter mate. But it doesn’t achieve what I want.

I don’t want to run 2 battery packs at the same time. I want to run the shell of a dji battery and just one external 3500mah lihv battery.

I don’t want to run 2 battery packs at the same time. I want to run the shell of a dji battery and just one external 3500mah lihv battery.
That's the rub: unless you have access to the firmware for that BMS, it's not an easy one to crack/adapt.

You should try to charge your Lipo batteries with a very good charger that has a balance plug on it so the cells are equalized.

Hi all,

I have a battery which I have opened for testing. As is already known if you remove any cell from the circuit the BSM requires resetting. I want to able to use an empty battery case to house the BMS and fit it with 2 x XT60 connectors and 2 x 4 pin balance connectors. I will wire both sets in parallel and mount the HV LIPO on top of the drone.

The issue comes when swapping the batteries as one pack will be discharged and the other fully charged, both will be connected at the same time for a short period to keep the BMS from creating the flag.

Would it be acceptable to install 2 x 10A schottky diodes in parallel (for redundancy) on the positive side of each XT60 connector to stop reverse charging during the battery change over?

cheers,

Hello Dan, I can easily help with this. Please send a pm. ЯBiggest challenge I had was removing the last cell from the bottom case. All else is easy.

Hi all,

cheers,

Dan
Hey my me you can help me I brought a mavic pro Battery adapter chip i have a mavic zoom and i tryed putting the adapter on my drone and i thing i have done some thing wrong because i get a error message that reads only enough battery power for [RTH] Return to home. and i can't take off because of this. Do you no any thing i can do to fix this problem. also i am enclosing a screen shot of the problem my drone is having

Attachments

• IMG_2445.jpg
    IMG_2445.jpg
    18.8 KB · Views: 19
  • IMG_2444.jpg
    IMG_2444.jpg
    18.3 KB · Views: 19
What are you trying to "test"?
If you just want to extend the capacity/run-time, you can do a search for a couple of threads for a company that makes an XT60 adapter where you can add another battery pack in parallel (to an in-tact DJI pack). It's not the best solution, but it works (and adds ~20% to the flight time depending on the additional AHr).
Hey my me you can help me I brought a mavic pro Battery adapter chip i have a mavic zoom and i tryed putting the adapter on my drone and i thing i have done some thing wrong because i get a error message that reads only enough battery power for [RTH] Return to home. and i can't take off because of this. Do you no any thing i can do to fix this problem. also i am enclosing a screen shot of the problem my drone is having

Attachments

• IMG_2445.jpg
    IMG_2445.jpg
    18.8 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_2444.jpg
    IMG_2444.jpg
    18.3 KB · Views: 2
I have that adapter mate. But it doesn’t achieve what I want.

Attachments

• IMG_2445.jpg
    IMG_2445.jpg
    18.8 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_2444.jpg
    IMG_2444.jpg
    18.3 KB · Views: 0

Attachments

• IMG_2445.jpg
    IMG_2445.jpg
    18.8 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_2444.jpg
    IMG_2444.jpg
    18.3 KB · Views: 2
Do we really need 4 posts within 6 minutes with the exact same message in this thread, along with the same post in at least two other threads? :rolleyes:

Reactions: StantonZ
How about removing the adapter chip that we know nothing about?
Also can't read a single word of text in those pics.

I think I speak for several other people on here following this thread in seeing that I don’t think we can figure out what you’re trying to say. It sounds like you’re asking questions but making statements with no punctuation and have very odd language. If you’re using speech to text, I suggest you take a minute to review and edit before you put up a post like this just for clarity.
What I think I am picking up is that you have an adapter to use a Mavic pro battery for your Mavic Zoom.
Why?
I would say that your charger cannot recognize the battery properly to provide the proper charge and that is causing your problem.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada