DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Battery plus in EU\UK ??

@the-bunker when you first register your Mini 3 pro that sets the country where you are, DJI know that info and when you attempted to purchase a battery plus, it would not allow you to do so,just like you cant purchase the light weight Japan variant of battery out side of Japan for the mini 2
if you tried to get them from say Amazon in the US for example you would get a message not able to ship to your location, its only the US ,and i believe Australia who will be able to use the plus batteries at the moment
I believe the battery plus is good here in the Azores? It would actually increase the "legal" flying altitude from 30 meters to 120 meters as the battery would make it over 250 grams.

Has Jenmic responded to you yet? I also forwarded him a screenshot of your message so I hope so...
Thank you. Yes, have ordered two with standard delivery for $210, great price if I avoid VAT/Import duty and not bad if I don't. I have one already from eBay from the guy who is selling loads. Just like the comfort of the extra time. Never used Alibaba before (used Aliexpress quite a bit) how are Alibaba with keeping you updated on progress?? Only had proof of order/payment so far. Thanks again for the heads up.

Reactions: HarleyFlyer
Hi bud. I found it all pretty seamless. I ordered on a Friday and he’d sent me the tracking number by the Tuesday along with a photo of how it’s packed ;-). Then I just followed the tracking, and it all went pretty quickly. Obviously the extra $30 I paid for express sped everything up along the way. I don’t know if that effects how fast he does his bit or just which carrier he used…. Let me know how you get on…

I'd be interested if you get stung for tax/vat - if not, I might follow you guys.

I've never minded paying GST (Canada's VAT). What burns me is being charged 2-3 times the tax as a 'service fee' to collect it.

Sometimes the fees charged are even more. When the pandemic started and masks were impossible to find one of my nieces sent me a care parcel with both surgical and N95 masks. Bloody courier company charged me over $80 in 'import brokerage fees' to collect $8 in GST. 😤

I am based in the UK and have 4 plus batteries from Aliexpress. No issues at all. Used them in 12 European countries and all over the USA. The batteries were also updated in the UK with no issues.
@the-bunker when you first register your Mini 3 pro that sets the country where you are, DJI know that info and when you attempted to purchase a battery plus, it would not allow you to do so,just like you cant purchase the light weight Japan variant of battery out side of Japan for the mini 2
if you tried to get them from say Amazon in the US for example you would get a message not able to ship to your location, its only the US ,and i believe Australia who will be able to use the plus batteries at the moment

Max Take Off Mass, i.e. drone mass + max payload it can carry. This would push the Mini 3 Pro up by a few hundred grams.
DJI has set the max payload of the Mini 3 to 0 grams in the EU and therefore it can't use the plus battery. The max payload is something DJI set themselves, not what the actual drone can lift up from the ground. They did that so it can fall under legacy sub 250 (C0) drones and therefor be flown with less restrictions in the EU.

Reactions: old man mavic
My two plus batteries arrived in the UK today. As everyone else has mentioned, no problem to charge/update/use them with a UK-based drone (other than the regulations).

Will take them for a longer test run tonight and see how the flight time is.

D86C8886-2576-4650-8882-DC6453596DAF.jpegI paid no VAT or customs duty. They come in sealed boxes. I’ve got another 2 on order. The Plus batteries are much better than the standards. Took 3 weeks to arrive in the UK.

Reactions: Cymru
@ObsidianVX ,i would like to take you to task,on you statement that the plus batteries are much better
all they do is extend the flight time ,but by the same token ,they also take the drone out of the sub 250g rating ,which may not be an issue for you ,if you have a GVC that allows you to fly with permissions ,but for the average Joe who may not realise that ,they could end up in trouble ,should they fall foul of the law

I agree that they are 'much better'. You have a sense of freedom that you don't get with the regular batteries - the charge just seems to go down that much slower, you're not continually looking how much flight time remains. This works fantastically if you're doing a hyperlapse or waiting for a certain 'event' to happen to capture it.

Absolutely they push it above the 250g limit and then you need to fly under other regulations, but you don't need a GVC - you could be flying under A16, A2CofC, etc - or even under the open category if you are away from people.

I just choose the battery according to the situation I'm going to be flying in, and I've generally got both varieties with me.

I agree that they are better in the right situation. I use mine under article 16 and a3 use, if I need to add a strobe, I may as well use the plus battery. As Cah says, they make hyperlapse etc much easier to do, with leeway for adding extra seconds or planning waypoints. The extra weight makes the drone behave better in wind as well. But I always carry 3 of each type with me, and use the one that fits the restrictions where I am flying.

@ObsidianVX ,i would like to take you to task,on you statement that the plus batteries are much better
all they do is extend the flight time ,but by the same token ,they also take the drone out of the sub 250g rating ,which may not be an issue for you ,if you have a GVC that allows you to fly with permissions ,but for the average Joe who may not realise that ,they could end up in trouble ,should they fall foul of the law
OMM, the Plus batteries improve flight stability and increase the flight envelope of the M3P.
Furthermore, the Plus batteries put the M3P into the C1 class allowing you to fly near people but not intentionally over them and fall under the same licensing requirements and regulations as the standard sub 250 M3P.

Attachments

• 73AF1A28-5A24-4221-80EC-EF15B973DA90.jpeg
    73AF1A28-5A24-4221-80EC-EF15B973DA90.jpeg
    579.6 KB · Views: 15

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Saikiran Villa