DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Battery problem

shwnoff1

Reactions
My M2P keeps saying battery may not be properly installed. I have checked and rechecked and drone will not take off. I have 3 other batteries that work perfectly. Any ideas how to fix? Contacted DJI and they said out of warranty

Attachments

• 20200713_084431.jpg
    20200713_084431.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 43
  • 20200713_084453.jpg
    20200713_084453.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 42
  • 20200713_084731.jpg
    20200713_084731.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 41
  • 20200713_084738.jpg
    20200713_084738.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 44
  • 20200713_084743.jpg
    20200713_084743.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 44
  • 20200713_084801.jpg
    20200713_084801.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 44
Could it be a swollen battery. check it with straight edge on it. Maybe try a multimeter but not sure if the smart battery logic will display voltage.

Reactions: TreeHugger
My M2P keeps saying battery may not be properly installed. I have checked and rechecked and drone will not take off. I have 3 other batteries that work perfectly. Any ideas how to fix? Contacted DJI and they said out of warranty
The battery dont look puffy and your getting a click when inserting the battery do you have another battery to try.

The battery dont look puffy and your getting a click when inserting the battery do you have another battery to try.
I have 3 other batteries they work fine. The battery is 1yr 4months old. I've tried everything won't work.

That one battery latch in image 084743 looks pretty rough and also appears to have droplets or beads of moisture that I marked red. The other side of the battery and latch did not have this appearance.

1596596691228.png

The Mavic 2 knows if the battery is "in" or not by a couple of sensors inside the batteries, I believe. Someone will surely correct me if I'm wrong. The attached shows red & black wires to each side, I don't currently (hah .. current) know the electronic mechanism, only that they exist.
If I'm not mistaken, the feature was "enabled" via recent firmware. I'm on to research these this morning.

Inside.JPGOutside.JPG

Reactions: LoganAir
The sensors I referred to are actually mechanical switches it would seem - actuated by the battery latches being fully extended.
As @LoganAir pointed out - the latch area of your photo's look a bit sketchy. See to make sure they are extended fully after inserting.

Switch.pngActuateByLatch.png

Reactions: LoganAir
When I insert my M2P batteries, I definitely hear 2 clicks....one for each latch.

When I insert my M2P batteries, I definitely hear 2 clicks....one for each latch.
Yes I have 3 other batteries and they work fine it's just this one it seems to be clicking in ok I evene tried pulling out the clips to see if that would help. Could it be the contacts ?

The photo shows drops of water or some kind of liquid. Has your battery got into water, and maybe water was spilled on it?

no never in water it was from my wet hands

I've shown you how your drone "knows" about the battery in my posts (#7 & 8).

It could be the sensor switch. Inside the battery. Not much to be done IMHO.

Don't feel bad if you only have one out of 4 bad. I have 14 of them and at least 8 or 9 are bad. I'll post up some pictures and a short video soon of the lot. These batteries are getting expensive for sure. The quality of the newest ones seems to be worse than the one's I got with the drone.

Don't feel bad if you only have one out of 4 bad. I have 14 of them and at least 8 or 9 are bad. I'll post up some pictures and a short video soon of the lot. These batteries are getting expensive for sure. The quality of the newest ones seems to be worse than the one's I got with the drone.
I keep track of my growing # of batteries / mark each one with the date bought or original; assigning a sequential number to each. Lucky to only have 1 bad one at this point.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maniac2000