DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Battery Questions

Chris Baish

Reactions
I have a few battery questions and was wondering if anyone has found the answers yet:

1) How long do batteries take to charge using the hub charger?
2) Do the batteries self discharge? If so, is it 10 days or customisable?
3) If you use the charging hub with batteries in as a power bank to charge other devices, does it discharge them simultaneously or one at a time?
4) As I understand it these are Lithium Ion, not Lipo batteries. Do they need treating in a similar way (ie storage at approximately 50% charge and avoiding leaving them fully charged for too long)

With my Mavic 2 Zoom, prior the recent update that allows you to customise the discharge days, I used to use the power bank adapter to bring them down to storage charge, which was really useful. Interested in how all of this will work with my new Mini.

Reactions: old man mavic
I have a few battery questions and was wondering if anyone has found the answers yet:

1) How long do batteries take to charge using the hub charger?
2) Do the batteries self discharge? If so, is it 10 days or customisable?
3) If you use the charging hub with batteries in as a power bank to charge other devices, does it discharge them simultaneously or one at a time?
4) As I understand it these are Lithium Ion, not Lipo batteries. Do they need treating in a similar way (ie storage at approximately 50% charge and avoiding leaving them fully charged for too long)

With my Mavic 2 Zoom, prior the recent update that allows you to customise the discharge days, I used to use the power bank adapter to bring them down to storage charge, which was really useful. Interested in how all of this will work with my new Mini.
unfortunately because none of us have got our hands on the MM yet it is very difficult to give you any definitive answers at this time , i can tell you that i believe that the batteries are not intelligent, with regards to having built in controls for battery management such as discharging after a certain time ,and possibly info on no of charges in the app, also the battery hub charges one battery at a time untill they are all charged , and also has a switch that can be pressed to show the state of charge on each battery, i would imagine that as a power bank it probably functions in a similar manner, but until this info has been made available it is only my take on your questions

Reactions: Chris Baish
2,400 mAh battery version takes 90 minutes to fully charge a battery with the Quick Charge 2.0 18 W USB charge. 50 minutes for the 1,100 mAh battery.

Reactions: p.bhatkar
2,400 mAh battery version takes 90 minutes to fully charge a battery with the Quick Charge 2.0 18 W USB charge. 50 minutes for the 1,100 mAh battery.

Thanks for this. That seems really long for the size of battery, compared with the Mavic 2, although it is a different charging method.

We need to wait and see however you should expect similar function and performance to other current DJI batteries. They are said to be "intelligent" by DJI, the firmware is upgradable and they report telemetry in flight.

As to limitations of the chemistry expert the same rules to apply to storage and care to other LiPO cells.

Reactions: Chris Baish
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JTBennett00