DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Battery storage charging.

eM-Burr

Reactions
With my Phantom the chance going hub had a switch for charging for storage. It looks like the hubs for the Mavic batteries do not have this convenient option (I don't have one but no mention of it anywhere).

So my question is how do you folks know when the batteries are charged to the 50-60% range? Do you just charge to two three lights or do you fire up the RC and Mavic?

Two steady lights mean 50%
Two steady and third blinking is 62.5%

One steady and one blinking means roughly 37.5%

Rob

Reactions: eM-Burr
Two lights and the third flashing should be fine, anywhere between 50% and 75% should be fine for storage.

I agree that the charging hub should be able to storage charge, normal inexpensive lipo chargers can do it so there's no reason the mavic charger shouldn't other than DJI wanting to sell more batteries

So... here's what I do... if I know I'm not gonna fly for a week or so I either charge my batteries up to 60% or so... or, as is the case right now, I discharge them down to 60% or so by turning on the mavic and either: a) spin up the props and leave it idling at 180rpm on the floor... or b) just leaving it on and not firing up the props (fan kicks in to keep innards cool and it eventually gets down to 60% ish) ... does this seem sensible to anyone or am I unnecessarily worrying about battery storage / life ?

Reactions: Mikewilltakeyouto
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pleopard