DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

battery storage question zoom

hammbone

Reactions
currently rotate between four batteries, going into winter wont be flying nearly as much. probably rotate between two, what is the long term storage recommendation?

currently rotate between four batteries, going into winter wont be flying nearly as much. probably rotate between two, what is the long term storage recommendation?
Left alone they will auto discharge to 50% over 5 days or so. Some discharge continues at a lower pace. I check mine every 5-6 weeks a charge to 50% as needed (2 blinking battery lights).
There are also chargers that have the option to charge to 50% . I have the Hanatora which does a lot of other things including charge the remote and discharge batteries. It will charge 4 batteries and remote in 1 hour and also works in the car (slower there).

Here is a blog on lipo battery care Maxamp . They make custom lipo batteries. Worth a read.

It took months for my P3 batteries to get dangerously low (one LED). I had to cycle them a couple times to get rid of the bad battery status warning (seen when viewing battery advanced details).

After the auto discharge to 60% (two steady, one blinking LED), they should hold their charge pretty good, but do check them monthly and don't let them go to and remain one LED.

Reactions: Dan48
I was travelling last winter and I left my Mavic 2 Pro batteries to storage for 5 months. I left them in a sealed plastic box (I red that it´s a good to do that way). I was really surprised when I got home: there was 49% left in each battery and the controller battery was 89% full!

Hope this helps :)

Left alone they will auto discharge to 50% over 5 days or so. Some discharge continues at a lower pace. I check mine every 5-6 weeks a charge to 50% as needed (2 blinking battery lights).
There are also chargers that have the option to charge to 50% . I have the Hanatora which does a lot of other things including charge the remote and discharge batteries. It will charge 4 batteries and remote in 1 hour and also works in the car (slower there).
good information, thanks!