DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Battery Straps

Hey Chris,
I haven't received them yet. I'll let you know how they work.

I did buys these and they work ok when you put 2 together but they're a bit of a pain to install.

Get the 300mm ones and you won't need two.

MAVIC ZOOM - BATTERY SEPARATION IN FLIGHT - POSSIBLE DESIGN FLAW? NO FAIL-SAFE FOR BATTERY EJECTION IN FLIGHT

Hey, I use reusable zip ties. They work great. The came with my drone life preserver. You can get them cheap from there site. Check out there application notes on mavic battery issues. drone-retriever. com

Hey all,

I think I want to strap in the M2P battery with something that will help keep it in place. This is a preventative measure — I have yet to have either a battery come loose in flight or experience any kind of battery swelling; but if it happens, I would rather not lose the craft because of it.

Those of you doing this: what kind of straps are you using and where did you get them?

I ask because it seems to me that straps that do not interfere with the bottom sensors would have to be 1/4 - 3/8" wide, and they would have to be around 12" long (no less). My searches for velcro straps with those dimensions proved difficult. It would be a shame to have to resort to non-reusable zip ties.

Please mention other qualities of your straps. I would not want them over the battery-release buttons, so the best place seems to be just in front of those, between the two bottom sensors closes to the front of the craft.

Yes?

Thanks, Chris
You can get reusable zip ties. I use them all the time for a multitude of reasons. Also in various colours.

HEADS UP. The type of release shown on most reusable zip ties require you to apply release pressure while holding the zip tie behind the latch. In most applications there is no room to get your fingers behind the latch. The zip ties used by drone-retriever.com are 15" long and are easily released.

I have used a piece of 3/4" inch Velcro that I have notched out for the sensor. The notch is only about 1/4" from the edge. I cut a simple v-notch. I have three first generation batteries that have all swollen, and I have used the Velcro strap for a couple of months while I am negotiating with DJI on a replacement deal. My batteries came with the Fly More Combo that was purchased from DJI the first day that the M2P was available for sale. They started to bulge about 9 months ago. I will continue using the strap even if I get three new batteries. The Velcro holds very well and aligns the top front section perfectly flush with the M2P body.

I'm wondering if the WetSuit would be a worthwhile investment and double to secure the battery? Below I've attached a link to a thread with a video as to how they work. It appears that the wetsuit creates a seal and creates a vacuum in the compartment which must be broken to remove the battery. It seems to me that this might be a more elegant way of securing the battery, short of potential overkill with a strap. I think there is a forum promotion of 3 @ $96 (?). I wonder if they have any benefit in high humidity areas as well as in the rain?

Wetsuit discussion thread

I read somewhere that if you are able to spin your battery on a flat surface (like your kitchen table), it is starting to swell. This should be a warning to you that you may have problems soon wit it.

Thanks, but anything the required length (at least 300mm / 12") is at least 16=20mm (more than 1/2") thick. None work without mods.

The eBay thing is interesting.

I don't see the O-ring working ... if it's snug, how do you get it on around the battery the first time (in respect to the arms)?

As for the over-heating in the sky: I'm would rather trust that DJI would give me a GO warning for heat (as they do for cold) rather than seeing that it popped out (by having the aircraft disconnect from the controller and fall from the sky).

Yes, all 6 of my batteries fit snugly and I've never crashed, but there are some reports on these boards of them failing on people anyway, even without swollen (when mounted) batteries in a never-crashed AC.

Chris
I'm interested in the battery holder you mentioned from eBay. Did you get one and is it working for you?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
carlos22