DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Battery temps

Tweeter

Reactions
Question for all you veteran fliers out there. I noticed at the end of a non strenuous 22 min. flight in ambient air temp of 80 degrees F that my batt temp was running 43 degrees C. This seemed high to me but is this actually just normal for the batt temps to run that high under those conditions?

the batteries will get quite hot during use the MM lacks a cooling fan or heat sync that the other mavs have so they only get some cooling air through them when they are on the move
and of course the air is much hotter at ground level than say 250 ft up just make sure to remove the battery as soon as you land and keep it out of the sun or a hot vehicle till it has a chance to cool down heat is a normal by product of the batteries chemical reaction that takes place during use

the batteries will get quite hot during use the MM lacks a cooling fan or heat sync that the other mavs have so they only get some cooling air through them when they are on the move
and of course the air is much hotter at ground level than say 250 ft up just make sure to remove the battery as soon as you land and keep it out of the sun or a hot vehicle till it has a chance to cool down heat is a normal by product of the batteries chemical reaction that takes place during use
Thank you so much for sharing your knowledge. It all makes perfect sense.

AirData gives a nice overview of maximum battery temperature reached during all flights and how it compares to other user's data. The maximum recorded for my MM battery was 118F (48C) which it says is about average.Screenshot 2020-05-16 at 9.50.53 AM.png

Reactions: Tweeter and ff22
Experimental Mavic mini thermal run away.
Assuming room temp. is cool and 40 degree's is warm what's considered an emergency maybe 70 degrees ? ? I don't know...

[QUOTE="CarstenB
AirData gives a nice overview of maximum battery temperature reached during all flights and how it compares to other user's data. The maximum recorded for my MM battery was 118F (48C) which it says is about average.View attachment 101509

Nice post. I haven't figured out how to do Air Data yet but I see from your post that it gives batt temps in F. In the Fly App my batt temps are always in C. Is there a way to change it to display F?[/QUOTE]

AirData gives a nice overview of maximum battery temperature reached during all flights and how it compares to other user's data. The maximum recorded for my MM battery was 118F (48C) which it says is about average.View attachment 101509
Where in Airdata does it give you this graph? Mine gives those stats but doesn’t compare them to everyone else. Thanks in advance.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jared69