DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Battery turned on by itself, drained and now won’t charge.

Elliesdad717

Reactions
New to this and have only flown my Mavic 2 Pro a few times. Last time I flew it into a treetop and it crashed. I left the battery in it and was sitting around a little while later when I heard the drone turn on and the lights came on. I turned it off but foolishly left the battery in overnight. A few days later I received the right rear arm and propeller that broke during the crash and tried charging the battery with the wall charger while I went about replacing the broken arm and motor. Apparently the thing turned again overnight and drained the battery. An hour later there are no lights coming on on the battery and it appears completely unresponsive. Any suggestions? Thanks in advance for any help.

Reactions: anotherlab
Although there are videos regarding restoring dead lipo batteries - It requires you to remove the battery cover in many cases.

Lipos get damaged when they are drained to low voltages and recharging them is dangerous.
They can deform and cause a fire.

The other thought is why would you trust a possibly damaged battery to fly your expensive drone..

Buy another one .. be safe.

Your battery isn't salvageable. Dispose of properly, you cannot drain a Lipo battery to flat. 3.0v is the threshold. Days in that state cemented the battery to the grave yard. Not trying to sound harsh, but you made many mistakes, I hope you gained incite on proper battery handling. NEVER leave a battery in a damaged vehicle as you have no clue if the battery was damaged as well. Had this occurred in your home (I sure hope not), it could have jeopardized your home and family.

Please read up on LiPo batteries and their quirks... oh...and stay away from the trees this time :p

First off WELCOME to the forum :)

Sorry to hear about the tree running out in front of your Mavic like that. It happens to a lot of us every once in a while.

As stated above it sounds like that battery is a GONER! I wouldn't even consider trying to revive it as there was some other problem probably caused from the "Tree Incident" Cut your losses and order a new one (or three) and good luck with your repairs.

Keep in mind that the BATTERY is a significant SINGLE FAILURE POINT for your aircraft. If it fails in air you have zero redundancies and it is going to come falling back to Terra Firma quickly. Always safely discard a suspect battery just to be safe.

Welcome to the forum and enjoy.

Please use one of the best forum search options.

Please share your pictures, videos and knowledge about your drones.

One of the most discussed subject and I never leave my batteries in.

I take them out to cool.

Welcome to the Forum from Chicago the Windy City.
As some already said, taking care of your batteries is very critical.
Best to review in the Manuel, caring for your batteries. You normally get
about 200 cycles if you constantly discharge them to no lower then 20%.
If you don't take care of them, 90 cycles or less is more of a realistic figure.
I have four batteries, rotate them all the time, keep them at about 20% charge. I fly every week, so they all get used once a month or more.

Reactions: anotherlab
Welcome aboard Elliesdad717 and greetings from Albany, NY!?

Sorry about your drone crash.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tenakeetwo