DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Battery update after SC update

ddodell

Reactions
My small controller updated yesterday but when I went to fly today it would not recognize to the batteries and they did not update in the field. What is the best way for me to force an update on the battery firmware at this point is it best to connected through the drone directly versus through the small controller?

Are you talking about the SC battery or your AC batteries?
SC itself doesn't have anything to do with AC battery firmware. It is the Go/Fly app that would monitor and manage the AC and AC battery firmware when you use the app route.

AC battery firmware is updated alongside the update of the AC itself. When a different battery is encountered having firmware outdated with respect to AC version, you'll be prompted to allow the battery to be updated. Often that's flagged as "inconsistent firmware".

You can use Assistant 2 to refresh the AC's firmware if you believe it is in error.

Are you talking about the SC battery or your AC batteries?
SC itself doesn't have anything to do with AC battery firmware. It is the Go/Fly app that would monitor and manage the AC and AC battery firmware when you use the app route.

AC battery firmware is updated alongside the update of the AC itself. When a different battery is encountered having firmware outdated with respect to AC version, you'll be prompted to allow the battery to be updated. Often that's flagged as "inconsistent firmware".

You can use Assistant 2 to refresh the AC's firmware if you believe it is in error.

I'm talking about the aircraft batteries. After upgrading the SC it did not give any warnings / updates for the batteries like others have discussed here.

I've also tried refresh the SC firmware, and Assistant 2 no longer recognizes the device. I've tried on two seperate computers (Macs) ... one was a reinstall of the Assistant 2 software, the other one a fresh install ...

Sounds like I should also do a hard reset on the SC and reinstall the firmware there too?

This is the errors I'm getting

Screenshot_20210102-163638.png

I updated my Smart Controller firmware yesterday, and the process completed without giving me any indication that the batteries needed to be updated.

When I went to fly today I immediately got the warning that the battery needed to be updated, and I was able to update my battery without any kind of internet connection. No issues.

I did a factory reset on the controller. Now it is being recognized by the Smart Assistant, but batteries still report "Battery Signal Error" ... I know it isn't the drone or the connector, since I have one out of three batteries still working ... the other two are now giving me that error, both on the Smart Controller and also on the DJI App (iphone) via the stock controller ... nothing about a battery firmware update needed.

Very frustrated that $300 worth of batteries just not working ... when no issues before the update. Batteries in excellent shape, holding chart, no bulging, seats well on Mavic 2 Pro ... tracking back on these forums, multiple complaints of this happening and no constructive fixes from DJI ... and of course, the batteries are out of the 6 month "warranty" period ... so am I now out $300 worth of batteries because of an update gone bad?

I updated my Smart Controller firmware yesterday, and the process completed without giving me any indication that the batteries needed to be updated.

When I went to fly today I immediately got the warning that the battery needed to be updated, and I was able to update my battery without any kind of internet connection. No issues.

I wish mine was that smooth ... I did not get any warning of needing a battery update ... just the "battery signal error" ... seeing dozens of posts on forums for all type of DJI drones that get this error unexpectedly. All the others have the same symptoms ... it just happens, but another battery works fine ... DJI answer seems to be the same, discharge, then do a firmware upgrade to the drone, and hope the battery upgrades. Most posts say this doesn't work at all ...

I have a feeling I'm out $300 worth of batteries due to DJI issue that has been reporting for years.

I'm talking about the aircraft batteries. After upgrading the SC it did not give any warnings / updates for the batteries like others have discussed here.

I've also tried refresh the SC firmware, and Assistant 2 no longer recognizes the device. I've tried on two seperate computers (Macs) ... one was a reinstall of the Assistant 2 software, the other one a fresh install ...

Sounds like I should also do a hard reset on the SC and reinstall the firmware there too?

This is the errors I'm getting

View attachment 120676
Updating the SC has nothing to do with updating the AC firmware. They are separate tasks.

Updating the SC has nothing to do with updating the AC firmware. They are separate tasks.

Dan, thank you ... you are correct. The AC firmware was not upgraded, so still unsure why this happened. I'm in the process right now of totally discharging the batteries in question, will then do a fresh charge and see if that helps. If not, will try refreshing the firmware on the AC and see if that helps. The whole thing is a little maddening.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Corbo2000