DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Battery update weirdness

kendrex

Reactions
I landed my MA2 when the battery level was around 20%. Then a popup said I needed to do a battery firmware update but it also said not to do it if the battery level was less than 50%, so I cancelled the update and went home a charged the battery. Then I put it in the drone and linked the smart controller but there was no battery firmware popup and I couldn't find any way to do an update.
Why would it try to do an update with a low battery and then disappear when the battery was charged?
What should I do now? Is there a way to update the firmware in any of the options?

I landed my MA2 when the battery level was around 20%. Then a popup said I needed to do a battery firmware update but it also said not to do it if the battery level was less than 50%, so I cancelled the update and went home a charged the battery. Then I put it in the drone and linked the smart controller but there was no battery firmware popup and I couldn't find any way to do an update.
Why would it try to do an update with a low battery and then disappear when the battery was charged?
What should I do now? Is there a way to update the firmware in any of the options?

Your Smart Controller was probably not connected to WiFi so it wasn't able to poll DJI and see if your battery needed a firmware update.

Sometimes the app or firmware makes a mistake in checking firmware consistency and issues a false positive.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rapidair