DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Battery update

skydalmt

Reactions
Hi
I have a Mavic Pro Platinum. When I first got it, I did all the updating/firmware including the batteries. When do you know when and if the batteries need to be updated? Every time with the firmware updates or? Also what is the protocol for battery charging
thanks guys
tom

Battery updates will show up on the app when you start everything. You will see a message that reads “inconsistent firmware”. Click on that, and it will update the battery. Battery charging info in your manual and plenty of info on YouTube.

It may be hard to tell the battery was also updated when you update a firmware that contains it. Not all firmware updates contain updates for the battery. But like Starz said, when you install your 2nd battery, then you'll get the inconsistent firmware warning, which usually means the firmware also has a battery update.
The firmware release notes may indicate the battery is also updated.

It may be hard to tell the battery was also updated when you update a firmware that contains it. Not all firmware updates contain updates for the battery. But like Starz said, when you install your 2nd battery, then you'll get the inconsistent firmware warning, which usually means the firmware also has a battery update.
The firmware release notes may indicate the battery is also updated.

Thanks guys for your input
I overlooked the battery charging protocol. I'll keep them stored between 40-60%

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gfusato