DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Battery Warranty? !

janbso

Reactions
I bought my Mavic Air, with the Fly More Combo, just before the summer. The batteries have I marked with numbers from 1-3, and I use and charge and use them at same level and duration.
This week, one battery suddenly died and it will not recharge. I have not done anything unauthorized and everything is black. No lights and it will not be recharged.
Have signed up for one year insurance with DJI and hope to confirm from you what to do / say in my contact with them.
Therefore, ask for advice from you.

I bought my Mavic Air, with the Fly More Combo, just before the summer. The batteries have I marked with numbers from 1-3, and I use and charge and use them at same level and duration.
This week, one battery suddenly died and it will not recharge. I have not done anything unauthorized and everything is black. No lights and it will not be recharged.
Have signed up for one year insurance with DJI and hope to confirm from you what to do / say in my contact with them.
Therefore, ask for advice from you.
Since you didn't do anything wrong, tell them exactly what you told us.

Batteries are only 6 month warranty, best contact them ASAP and just explain what you told us. Good luck!

I assume when you said you bought DJI insurance, you meant refresh. When I bought refresh, I thought that extended the warranty for everything besides the AC (AC already has a year warranty). But found out otherwise.
Refresh+ extends the warranty for everything until it expires 1 year after Refresh expires. I think that includes the batteries. Note though that the extra refresh included with Refresh+ doesn't kick in until Refresh period expires, so you get 2 for the first year, 1 additional for the 2nd.

If you didn't drain the batteries all the way to 0%, didn't keep them in a hot car for lengthy periods of time, didn't constantly keep them at 100% for weeks on end, didn't short them out (that's probably hard to do accidentally) then they shouldn't go dead. Regarding the hot car, it probably would swell if that was any cause of problems.
So do contact DJI and get that battery replaced.

How many times have you charged those batteries? Just curious. Tx

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SK farming