DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Battery's to controller battery time

Haga lout

Reactions
so as a rule of thumb on a day out flying how long does the controller battary last on a mavic pro to drone battery's do I need 3or 4 or 5 drone battery's to last I know I can charge drone battery's in the car but don't like leaving them charging while I'm flying and coming back to a fire but don't won't to buy more battery's than I need

I'm usesing a Samsung a6 tab or a Samsung s7 phone can't down load dji go 4 on my iPad as its a mini 1 I know I can charge controller but just wanted to know to keep flying I can change drone battery's and send it back up how long before contoller goes to low

so as a rule of thumb on a day out flying how long does the controller battary last on a mavic pro to drone battery's do I need 3or 4 or 5 drone battery's to last I know I can charge drone battery's in the car but don't like leaving them charging while I'm flying and coming back to a fire but don't won't to buy more battery's than I need
You can extend the RC battery life using a small power bank (for phones) connected to the micro usb. Connect the phone to the regular USB. It will trickle charge the RC while the RC is trickle charging the phone. If both are fully charged prior to flight you can fly for hours.

Thanks for that didn't know about usesing a pill charge guess that ups the battery's I need so how many drone battery's do most people take out with them as till I get more experience I'm only flying a battary for 15 mins then rth and land change battery's and back up so as I have to travel a bit to fly I don't want to just go out for 30 mins just till the controller gets low

3 batteries is doable on a fully charged RC. If I need more I connect the pill charge/ power bank. Then it lasts forever it seems. Never ran that combination to anywhere close to zero while flying, don't have enough batteries for that. 5 is very easy I'm sure.

Thanks what do people tthink of pattern battery's against genuine as I've seen pattern for less than 50% the price of genuine battery's they're all coming from China and we all use pattern parts in cars/ bikes etc

Thanks what do people tthink of pattern battery's against genuine as I've seen pattern for less than 50% the price of genuine battery's they're all coming from China and we all use pattern parts in cars/ bikes etc
I strongly advise against third party batteries.

Why is this through experience or fear ?
Through risk mitigation.

Call it fear of things that might go wrong, whatever. I am in the business of mitigating every possible risk, as a commercial pilot. Flying for pleasure with my mavic I'm basically following the same policies.

Slightly similar topic, do your RC discharge rather quickly while not in use? I haven’t flown in a while, waiting for my replacement Mavic from DJI, but it seems my RC is losing 1% to 2% per day.

Through risk mitigation.

Call it fear of things that might go wrong, whatever. I am in the business of mitigating every possible risk, as a commercial pilot. Flying for pleasure with my mavic I'm basically following the same policies.
So you only fit the same make of tyres on your Car it came with just trying to judge as there selling pattern batts in uk 50% price on eBay seller has 100% good read back just no one seems to be usesing them ?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DvrkDrone