DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Be careful with accessories

Chips

Reactions
After seeing how sensitive the RC joysticks are and even a slight distortion of the casing can cause problems (because they use magnets), I now realise that we need to be careful when using any 3rd party accessories. In the case of the RC, I had a tablet holder that mounted to the back of the RC by clipping on. I suspect that it was either too tight or not precisely aligned so the casing got just a tiny bit distorted and this affected the magnets at the joystick. When I switched to the other type of tablet holder which uses the 'jaws', the problem went away.

Now I just got a set of clips for the propellers and as I attached them, I noticed that they depressed the propellers at an angle because they clamp over the body tight. Looking closely at where the propellers attach to the hubs, I saw that they are also angled and that can't be good for long periods as it may permanently affect the hub. Then strange problems could occur to the propellers in flight control.

So I'm not going to use the clips (wasted money) and instead get some velcro strips that can be wrapped around but not tightly. Just enough to hold the propellers in place when folded. c.jpg

Reactions: choo choo
After seeing how sensitive the RC joysticks are and even a slight distortion of the casing can cause problems (because they use magnets), I now realise that we need to be careful when using any 3rd party accessories. In the case of the RC, I had a tablet holder that mounted to the back of the RC by clipping on. I suspect that it was either too tight or not precisely aligned so the casing got just a tiny bit distorted and this affected the magnets at the joystick. When I switched to the other type of tablet holder which uses the 'jaws', the problem went away.

Now I just got a set of clips for the propellers and as I attached them, I noticed that they depressed the propellers at an angle because they clamp over the body tight. Looking closely at where the propellers attach to the hubs, I saw that they are also angled and that can't be good for long periods as it may permanently affect the hub. Then strange problems could occur to the propellers in flight control.

So I'm not going to use the clips (wasted money) and instead get some velcro strips that can be wrapped around but not tightly. Just enough to hold the propellers in place when folded. View attachment 41302
iv used an elastic band since day one

Reactions: Chips
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mini2boost