DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Be careful with the 6 in charger

Update on the replacement charger. Another loud pop. All circuts dead. Unit was so hot, I could not pick it up. Packed it up and its on its way back to Amazon for a full refund. Going to be ordering a different brand. Any suggestions?

Reactions: Grimrpr13
Update on the replacement charger. Another loud pop. All circuts dead. Unit was so hot, I could not pick it up. Packed it up and its on its way back to Amazon for a full refund. Going to be ordering a different brand. Any suggestions?

I have been considering getting one of these multi-battery chargers but I don't like what I read about failure - especially attached to and charging a potentially explosive battery. Another brand, the distributor/manufacturer has been out of stock although the site suggests it will be back in stock at a date already past. I am guessing there are manufacturing/safety issues. I guess I will stick with the official Mavic fly-more charger for the moment.

I have been considering getting one of these multi-battery chargers but I don't like what I read about failure - especially attached to and charging a potentially explosive battery. Another brand, the distributor/manufacturer has been out of stock although the site suggests it will be back in stock at a date already past. I am guessing there are manufacturing/safety issues. I guess I will stick with the official Mavic fly-more charger for the moment.

I just ordered the one from Drone world, the 6-1 Thor. I just hope it is not the same charger I just returned for double the price. The one from RC geeks looks pretty good, but it was only 2 amps per bank. I will get that one if the Thor doesnt work out.

I have the second version of the Yx 3/2 ( with the power switch,) and have been using it since about the middle of September. I do three batteries, RC, and iPad 2018 at the same time, and have had zero issues. Based on what I’ve read about problems and hardware failures, it would seem that attempting to charge four or more batteries is going to require a beefier charger.

KB
Same here, no issues whatsoever

RCGeeks one is the one I like most. It seems to actually charge the voltage to 4.4v/cell or 17.6v as per the spec. Every other charger I had would not do this.

Reactions: dv8ed and Grimrpr13
RCGeeks one is the one I like most. It seems to actually charge the voltage to 4.4v/cell or 17.6v as per the spec. Every other charger I had would not do this.

thanks for this info was waiting for someone to test & report back.

whats wrong with the factory charger, with the hub? aka:defects?
sure only charges one at a time. use more than one factory charger?
but with three batteries (thinking about buying another one or two), i can fly for 2 hrs non stop, (other than changing batteries) then a short break, and back up..
maybe just me, but i find charging times ok, but if much longer flight times out of a batterie can be done, that would be better.

thanks for this info was waiting for someone to test & report back.

No probs, I went for the blue one which claims 5A charge. I've metered it to about 88w/battery so it seems to check out but it doesnt stay at 5A for long. Battery charges nice and fast though.

RCGeeks also has a 4port 2A/port charger which claims similar voltages and also includes a storage mode switch which limits charge to 65%, but I've not tried that one.

All these other chargers (YX, Sunnylife) to me look like they just re-used P3/P4 4S circuit with Mavic 2 connectors on the end. Since the P3/P4 used 4.35v or 17.4v LiPos, it might explain why the batteries aren't getting charged to their maximum capacity.

Reactions: kilomikebravo
No probs, I went for the blue one which claims 5A charge. I've metered it to about 88w/battery so it seems to check out but it doesnt stay at 5A for long. Battery charges nice and fast though.

RCGeeks also has a 4port 2A/port charger which claims similar voltages and also includes a storage mode switch which limits charge to 65%, but I've not tried that one.

All these other chargers (YX, Sunnylife) to me look like they just re-used P3/P4 4S circuit with Mavic 2 connectors on the end. Since the P3/P4 used 4.35v or 17.4v LiPos, it might explain why the batteries aren't getting charged to their maximum capacity.

So you have the Sunnylife one? There have been so many named that tracking which is which is a bit confusing.

I want one that won't pop or explode or kill batteries!!! (g)

So you have the Sunnylife one? There have been so many named that tracking which is which is a bit confusing.

I want one that won't pop or explode or kill batteries!!! (g)
No the sunnylife blue is the 6 in 1, 4 charging ports, I had that one.

Current one I own and praise is the RC geeks blue 5 in 1, 3 charging ports.

RC geeks also make a 6 in 1 with 4 charging ports but it's white, made out of plastic and charges much slower.

Reactions: ff22
No the sunnylife blue is the 6 in 1, 4 charging ports, I had that one.

Current one I own and praise is the RC geeks blue 5 in 1, 3 charging ports.

RC geeks also make a 6 in 1 with 4 charging ports but it's white, made out of plastic and charges much slower.

Thanks for the info. I go back and forth between needing (well, wanting) one of these versus the DJI multiple but one-at-a-time charge cycle. Last night I thought I had finally talked myself into going cross-country skiing on a flat track near a lake and thought I would take the Zoom along. Did not pan out but I'd like a more spur of the moment, aka faster charging solution.

I have the Sunnylife 6in1 for Mavic Air. It went more than 15 full charges with 3 batteries charging at the same time. I even plugged the RC on it with the 3 batteries and all went well. It helped me a lot to have batteries fully charged when I was in Iceland.

After 10th charge, my sunntlife 6 in 1 had loud pop too. Once and all ports are fried. Not going to buy this again. looking for 5 in 1 from YX seems to be a better choice.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Noobie