DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Be careful with the 6 in charger

crazyju

Reactions
I purchased the sunnylife 6-1 charger for mavic 2 off of amazon. I used it twice without any problems. It was staying nice and cool with 3 batteries and the remote charging. On my 3rd use, i heard a loud pop. Went to look at it, and 1 of the batteries was no longer charging. Removed that battery and there was another loud pop, followed by a puff of smoke. The who charger is now dead. This happened on Thursday, Amazon had a replacement at my house by yesterday. Im just not sure if I can trust this one though.

Sounds like the charger committed suicide to save those expensive batteries, how thoughtful. :) But good old Amazon rarely lets you down, eh? Thumbswayup

KB

I'm using it, it has few protections like overcharge, overcurent, short etc. maybe one of the protections was initiated. I chrged my battery 4-5 times already. No issue there. Only mising cover on the battery plug at the end of each lead. All the pins are exposed easy to short.

Can’t tell for sure whether you were charging unattended. Not a good practice. There is quite a lot of juice in those batteries and would create one heck of a fire. At a minimum make sure that they are on an inflammable surface like a concrete garage or basement floor. A young kid in our rc club was charging his airplane batteries on a wooden desk in his bedroom and claims they were in a lipo bag when they caught fire. Burned out most of the second story of the family house.

There is a discussion here about the 4 battery/2 USB charger. Mine popped on the first use. Others have reported the same thing. I am using the 3 battery/2 USB charger with no issues. I wouldn't use the 4 battery charger if it was free!

Reactions: Inspirephil
There is a discussion here about the 4 battery/2 USB charger. Mine popped on the first use. Others have reported the same thing. I am using the 3 battery/2 USB charger with no issues. I wouldn't use the 4 battery charger if it was free!
Is your 3 battery/2 USB charger the Yx charger? Because that’s what I have been using for charging.

No problems with the 3 battery and have used it about 10-15 times. I wanted the 4 because of the power switch and the extra battery charging (I have 5 batteries). I could charge 4 with the new charger (or so I thought) and the last one with the factory DJI charger, ready in about an hour. After my experience with the 4 and reading a lot of similar stories I wouldn't touch that 4 battery one!

With that being said I would never charge the batteries unattended!

No problems with the 3 battery and have used it about 10-15 times. I wanted the 4 because of the power switch and the extra battery charging (I have 5 batteries). I could charge 4 with the new charger (or so I thought) and the last one with the factory DJI charger, ready in about an hour. After my experience with the 4 and reading a lot of similar stories I wouldn't touch that 4 battery one!

With that being said I would never charge the batteries unattended!
I have 2 of the Yx chargers for my Inspire 2 that say that you can charge 4 batteries at a time and after about 6 months of charging 4 at a time it burnt out the thermistor in the unit. I have a friend who’s an electrician and he replaced the thermistor with a higher resistance one (12ohm versus the 4ohm that came stock in it) and he advised me to only charge 3 batteries at a time from that point forward. So I guess what I am trying to say is I am a little bit curious to see if this one for the M2 will be the same way. I am only going to charge 2 at a time (and the remote separately) until I see how it is going to be, at least for awhile anyway. Just a word of warning from someone who’s been down this road before!! :)

Reactions: Grimrpr13 and ff22
I had the charger and batteries on the kitchen counter, just outside my bedroom where i was watching tv. The pop was loud enough that i heard it. I was only charging 3 batteries and the remote.

I've got the Sunnylife 6 in 1 and other than the slightly lower voltage on the charge terminals, and unable to charge with both USB connected, no other issues. Charges nice and quick. I use the YX for Mavic Pro and no issues with that either.

Even stock DJI chargers can go pop so I guess its luck of the draw.

I have the second version of the Yx 3/2 ( with the power switch,) and have been using it since about the middle of September. I do three batteries, RC, and iPad 2018 at the same time, and have had zero issues. Based on what I’ve read about problems and hardware failures, it would seem that attempting to charge four or more batteries is going to require a beefier charger.

KB

Based on what I’ve read about problems and hardware failures, it would seem that attempting to charge four or more batteries is going to require a beefier charger.
The Sunnylife 6in1 charger is a beefier one, and the unit barely gets warm. If they could just get the voltages correct I think its a much better buy than the YX charger.

Reactions: Grimrpr13
The replacement sunnylife 6in1 has now went 6 full charges with 4 batterys charging at the same time. Maybe this one will hold up.

Reactions: Grimrpr13
I bought the SunnyLife 6n1 and it quit working on the 3rd charge, never heard any pops or noises though

loud pop, followed by a puff of smoke.
Now you've done it, you let the Magic Smoke out! Magic Smoke is what makes all electronics work. :p

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Photogeezer