DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Goodby Battery #1

DVPOWERS

Reactions
I purchased my Mavic 2 Zoom in 2020 with battery #1. Over the years we had many happy flights together. Today as I was getting ready for a Real Estate shoot, I put batter #1 into the charger, and, nothing. No lights, no indication of charging, nothing. Pushing the on/off button repeatedly did not revive it. It just stood there, silent and dead. I remember looking at the battery's stats on the controller - it was charged 81 times. During its last mission it worked gallantly as we few over an apartment complex, filming for a promo video. Rest easy in chemical heaven, battery #1.

Please recycle properly.

:) ☮️

I purchased my Mavic 2 Zoom in 2020 with battery #1. Over the years we had many happy flights together. Today as I was getting ready for a Real Estate shoot, I put batter #1 into the charger, and, nothing. No lights, no indication of charging, nothing. Pushing the on/off button repeatedly did not revive it. It just stood there, silent and dead. I remember looking at the battery's stats on the controller - it was charged 81 times. During its last mission it worked gallantly as we few over an apartment complex, filming for a promo video. Rest easy in chemical heaven, battery #1.
say kaddish for that battery-
an ancient Jewish prayer sequence regularly recited in the synagogue service, including thanksgiving and praise and concluding with a prayer for universal peace.

Reactions: yendor65
Consider yourself a lucky pilot. At least it didn’t swell in flight and self-eject while flying, ending the battery and Mavic 2’s life prematurely.

Thank you all for your kind and sensitive messages. I believe I am now going through the - what - 7 or 8 stages - of dealing with death - denial, fear, compromise, etc. I still have battery #1 on the table, and I keep pushing its button, hoping that this time there may be signs of life. But no, Still mute and unblinking. How long will this feeling last?

• Haha
Reactions: hiflyer201
Consider yourself a lucky pilot. At least it didn’t swell in flight and self-eject while flying, ending the battery and Mavic 2’s life prematurely.
I dont know why that thought never crossed my mind, but thanks for unlocking a whole new dimension of drone anxiety. I think my $2k Mavic3 just got redesignated to office display shelf queen, LOL!

Seriously though, curious how often that actually happens. There doesnt seem to be any fail safes preventing or predicting it. I'm guessing a full sized Mavic is doing some damage if the battery up and took a **** and it fell out of the sky.

Reactions: PHZ
Your battery lives on. I got a CHARGE out of your post and all the follow-ups.

I dont know why that thought never crossed my mind, but thanks for unlocking a whole new dimension of drone anxiety. I think my $2k Mavic3 just got redesignated to office display shelf queen, LOL!

Seriously though, curious how often that actually happens. There doesnt seem to be any fail safes preventing or predicting it. I'm guessing a full sized Mavic is doing some damage if the battery up and took a **** and it fell out of the sky.

Batteries do have a finite life and you should treat them like kings. When the time is near, there will be indications - not charging fully, uneven cell charge levels, swelling, etc. The fear of battery death is not a good reason to put your drone on the shelf. As I mentioned in my original post, battery #1 was charged 81 times. Fly on but be observant.

Batteries do have a finite life and you should treat them like kings. When the time is near, there will be indications - not charging fully, uneven cell charge levels, swelling, etc. The fear of battery death is not a good reason to put your drone on the shelf. As I mentioned in my original post, battery #1 was charged 81 times. Fly on but be observant.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PilotOne