DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Air 2s Bear Mountain Bridge NY State

dronertv

Reactions
Site
droner.tv
Bear Mountain Bridge in New York State. Was not the best time of the day to capture, but it was what my travel schedule allowed. This was my first edit with my new Macbook Pro with M1 Pro Chip. Such an incredible machine. I could never edit on my lap with the old machine. It would get so hot. This one barely broke a sweat. Also did it completely on battery power. It never seemed like my old Macbook Pro would hold battery charge for more than half-hour with Final Cut running. But I still had 75% battery when I finished this edit.

Nice video...was that all one flight?...pretty soothing background music too
My wife gave me a half-hour to fly on our way home from a trip. It was windy so I got about 20 minutes on the first battery before bringing it in. I flew about half of the second battery. Then she told me she was hungry for lunch and it was time to go. I was hoping to catch a freight train on the other side of the river. But one never came through. So I just got the commuter train.

Years ago it was badly polluted.... General Electric had plants along the River and were big contributors to the problem.....today it is actually pretty clean from what I have read.....however , the river bottom is loaded with PCBs from GE ...and GE has been fighting efforts to get them to clean it, claiming it will disturb the PCB laden material and spread it around...the River has been flowing so long it has created the Hudson Canyon... where it enters the Atlantic ocean....and extends almost 400 miles along the bottom....this is some deep water ( over 10,000 feet in some places) that is a great fishing area...the contamination took place over a relatively brief time of its history 🙁

Reactions: Droniac
Bear Mountain Bridge in New York State. Was not the best time of the day to capture, but it was what my travel schedule allowed. This was my first edit with my new Macbook Pro with M1 Pro Chip. Such an incredible machine. I could never edit on my lap with the old machine. It would get so hot. This one barely broke a sweat. Also did it completely on battery power. It never seemed like my old Macbook Pro would hold battery charge for more than half-hour with Final Cut running. But I still had 75% battery when I finished this edit.
Real nice. Done lots of backpacking in that region in my younger days. Clears my head and under 2 hours away. Brought back some fond memories thanks. Godspeed Droniac

Reactions: MARK (LI)
Years ago it was badly polluted.... General Electric had plants along the River and were big contributors to the problem.....today it is actually pretty clean from what I have read.....however , the river bottom is loaded with PCBs from GE ...and GE has been fighting efforts to get them to clean it, claiming it will disturb the PCB laden material and spread it around...the River has been flowing so long it has created the Hudson Canyon... where it enters the Atlantic ocean....and extends almost 400 miles along the bottom....this is some deep water ( over 10,000 feet in some places) that is a great fishing area...the contamination took place over a relatively brief time of its history 🙁
well, Dang!! Mark, my heads been in the sand. Didn’t know things evolved that quickly. A Shame. Info I was unaware of. Thanks as usual! Godspeed, Droniac

well, Dang!! Mark, my heads been in the sand. Didn’t know things evolved that quickly. A Shame. Info I was unaware of. Thanks as usual! Godspeed, Droniac
Mark answered the question better than I could. I was surprised by how brown the river was in the video. It didn’t look that way from my perspective on the ground. I was using a polarizing filter to reduce glare and that might have accentuated the brown color more.

Mark answered the question better than I could. I was surprised by how brown the river was in the video. It didn’t look that way from my perspective on the ground. I was using a polarizing filter to reduce glare and that might have accentuated the brown color more.
Appreciate your clarification. But even still… sheesh. Sad. And New Jersey is in the house! 👍🏻
Gotta wonder what the river adjacent to the DJI plant must look like. Or not… 😉 Godspeed, Droniac

Good video and music! Boats, train & automobiles, bridge. Real smooth flying.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jimwinter