DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Air 2s Beautiful sunset at the majestic Bedruthen Steps, nr Newquay, Cornwall, UK

Jeremy Clark

Reactions
My latest flight is a return to the majestic, awesome Bedruthen Steps, between Newquay & Padstow, Cornwall, this time with the tide out. The first half is about 2 hours before the sunset, as the clouds were clearing, & the second half shows the beautiful colours of the sunset. I hope you enjoy.

WOW ! Stunning , surreal at times, and enchanting , my only suggestion is that if you scale down from 4K go to 2K as there is a noticeable difference in quality on a wide screen. This was beautiful , and I felt the stone gods overlooking the water , very cool

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly in the Rain.

Reactions: Jeremy Clark
WOW ! Stunning , surreal at times, and enchanting , my only suggestion is that if you scale down from 4K go to 2K as there is a noticeable difference in quality on a wide screen. This was beautiful , and I felt the stone gods overlooking the water , very cool

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly in the Rain.
Thanks very much for the kind words and the guidance

Jeremy - That was a pleasure to watch from beginning to end. Obviously, it is a very beautiful place, but you really showed it off. One of the scenes like is the one @ 2:00 when you were orbiting the rock and just as it looked like the sun was going to go behind it, you smoothly increased altitude to keep the sun visible. Nice touch sir!

Jeremy - That was a pleasure to watch from beginning to end. Obviously, it is a very beautiful place, but you really showed it off. One of the scenes like is the one @ 2:00 when you were orbiting the rock and just as it looked like the sun was going to go behind it, you smoothly increased altitude to keep the sun visible. Nice touch sir!
Thanx so much for the kind comments. I was soooooo lucky with light that evening and that the clouds cleared. It’s a truly magic place

Well done. A question - did you use auto exposure with reduced EV for each shot or manual exposure control set for a particular scene? Thanks for the opportunity to see this.

My latest flight is a return to the majestic, awesome Bedruthen Steps, between Newquay & Padstow, Cornwall, this time with the tide out. The first half is about 2 hours before the sunset, as the clouds were clearing, & the second half shows the beautiful colours of the sunset. I hope you enjoy.
Another beautiful video, with great filming and flying. Very peaceful and calming.

Dale
Miami

Ahh Jeremy… the pilot that motivates me to do better. Beautiful work once again on all fronts. Question. We both fly over surf & coast a lot. There is a lot of talk online about disabling the downward sensors makes flying over water a safer bet. Personally I have never had any issues with my MA2 over the surf so far touch wood, with the downward sensors operating. I also believe that they cannot be turned off if you are flying with the DJI fly app. You need to cover them with gaffa tape or similar. What are your thoughts?

That was pretty masterful all around. The detail was incredible. Some gutsy flying too. I assume you shot it all on the same day. If so what is most impressive is how much footage you got with such a limited time window of light.

Are you able to share any of the technical details?

That was pretty masterful all around. The detail was incredible. Some gutsy flying too. I assume you shot it all on the same day. If so what is most impressive is how much footage you got with such a limited time window of light.

Are you able to share any of the technical details?
Many thanks for the kind words. It was all within about 2.5 hours….the first half was about 2 hours before sunset, and all the footage after the time lapse was shot in the final 30 mins leading up to sunset. The time lapse was shot with a Pocket 2, and the rest with the Mavic Air2S. All exposure settings were on auto, and all footage used a Polarising filter. Edited and colour graded on DaVinci Resolve

Ahh Jeremy… the pilot that motivates me to do better. Beautiful work once again on all fronts. Question. We both fly over surf & coast a lot. There is a lot of talk online about disabling the downward sensors makes flying over water a safer bet. Personally I have never had any issues with my MA2 over the surf so far touch wood, with the downward sensors operating. I also believe that they cannot be turned off if you are flying with the DJI fly app. You need to cover them with gaffa tape or similar. What are your thoughts?
Thanks for the kind comments again. TBH, I’ve never really thought about trying to turn off the downward sensors. I learnt my lesson with my MA2 after I was flying low across the sea filming a crashing wave in slomo and it got caught in wave spray. Thankfully I got her home, but the camera and gimbal were destroyed so I had to send it away for repairs. I’ve since upgraded to MA2S, and simply make sure I fly high enough above the waves. I’d feel safer if they could fit side sensors somehow….that’s how I lost my MA2 ??

Reactions: Squidinc
Well done. A question - did you use auto exposure with reduced EV for each shot or manual exposure control set for a particular scene? Thanks for the opportunity to see this.
Thanks for the kind words. All the camera settings were auto and no changes at all to EV…..one day, I’ll get around to learning about such things, but for now, I’m a total novice where camera settings are involved. All shots though did use a polarising filter, and there was some (but not much) colour grading in Davinci Resolve

Awesome, thanks for sharing!

Awesome capture of a beautiful land. Absolutely stunning. Is this your best one yet.

Reactions: hychewright
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fast54