DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Because apparently I'm an idiot and can't remember to take my gimble cover off.... I found a solution.

I put this on my drone and never put the guard back on.
I seen too many post about running to walls or other objects.
It protects it just fine when I pack it away to carry it somewhere.IMG_0023.JPG

Reactions: Lecheeb
Real simple solution. Put a piece of electrical tape, masking tape or some type of non see thru tape on the outside of your gamble cover. It will block your camera and you won't be able to see on your screen. Cheap,and that will remind you!

Real simple solution. Put a piece of electrical tape, masking tape or some type of non see thru tape on the outside of your gamble cover. It will block your camera and you won't be able to see on your screen. Cheap,and that will remind you!
To bad the camera won't focus that close or you could just print in micro text font..."Remove Me" facing into camera, that way your screen would show you that :p You say to use non see through, but I would think a small piece of red lens tape like for car light repair would be optimal. You then would get a red screen when you powered up ;) ( And yes I just thought of it)

I have a bag full of the ones I took off of cruise missiles a while back but they are too big. So I picked up the key ring sized ones up at the flight museum in Tucson a few years ago.

Ahhhhh but .....................
For many the concern is damage to the gimbal through repetitive "ooops left the cover on"s. Blocking the camera's view, whilst a neat idea, still leaves the 'possibility of booting the drone with the cover in place' open.

I took a different approach by flagging the power source (cell) ?.

Attachments

• 8C9EBA96-FEF7-4A59-B9CD-846AAF2B3C60.jpeg
    8C9EBA96-FEF7-4A59-B9CD-846AAF2B3C60.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 38
Reactions: joenonymus
Old brains can still learn with the continual process known as repetition. Develop a simple preflight check list, and do it over and over....and over. It will just happen :p Look at the pictures of the drones with strobes, and a "Remove before flight ribbon" How do they remember to turn on the strobes but not remove the gimbal protector? When you have a foldable drone how do you remember to unfold the legs while staring right at the gimbal protector? Some questions are just unanswerable :oops:
Yep, pretty much the same as muscle memory.. if you do anything enough...

Reactions: Tentoes
Alas I have tried all of these solutions over the years but somehow still manage to take off with the gimbal cover in place from time to time. Usually what happens is that someone speaks to me at a critical moment and I turn away from the drone. After that it’s a bit like that thing when you walk into a room and forget why you are there. I lift off and then I realise the cover is still in place. It’s an age thing I suppose.

I've been remembering the gimbal cover, but I can't tell you how many great shots I've forgotten to record.

Reactions: Nile Mcmillion
Great idea!
Thanks! It works for this newbie. I can't fly as much as some people here so I need a little reminder for some things. I do check my props before each take off but, that's mostly from paranoia. Remembering the gimble cover just hasn't baked in yet though.

Yeah, I want that cover off before firing up the drone and the gimbal does its dance.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dominicus15